CC -pow - How do I get my coop added to the coops index?

motherearth

Hatching
7 Years
Jan 31, 2012
Santa Monica Mountains So Cal
Hi, Motherearth here. We are new to chickens and built our coop late last summer into the fall. I submitted pics and descriptions of our coop build in late January. I had hoped to get it on the main coop page under large coops. That's where I got most of my inspiration and so many great ideas. I hoped to give back and looked forward to displaying the results of all our hard work. I guess you have a huge number of postings though and can see that you couldn't include all of them.
I did get a note from you in the comments under my posting in the middle of March saying I had been chosen for a coop pow. There was also a link to a pow process page which talked about what you need for submissions. I think it was all the stuff I had done in my original posting. I only just saw it though.
My question is what is a coop pow? Picture of the week? And was I supposed to do something? Was something posted somewhere about my coop? I would be over the moon to see our coop in the main large coop section, but I don't think that's what this is about. And I checked and didn't see it there. So could you let me know what's up?
We've had a busy spring with some new chicks and I've not checked in in a while. But glad to be back. BYC is an amazing resource. Congratulations and many thanks to all who make it go. Thanks, Motherearth

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the note and the great questions!

Here is how the process works:

1. Members create coop pages here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/2/Coops
  2. Members then submit their finished coops to our chicken coop contests.
  3. After a ton of submissions we'll end the contest and THEN add the submissions to the chicken coop index.
  4. Please keep in mind that adding coops to our coop index is a long and manual process, so we tend to do them all at once and at the end of the contest.

Our team will also go through the coop pages (old and new) and pick them to be one of the Chicken Coop POWs, which is a completely separate process from the chicken coop contest and the chicken coop index.

So, if you've submitted your coop to a contest and that contest hasn't ended yet, then hold tight and we'll get it indexed into the chicken coop index once the contest is over.

Back
Top Bottom