Celadon Hatch. Day 17. Can't stop watching... Very Nervous...

Feb 17, 2021
I woke up this morning (day 17) with 5 external pips (our of 26 eggs)... but literally NOTHING has happened since. I am anxious for SOMETHING to happen... anything really 20210315_085328.jpg . Is it normal for them to break through and then stop?
Is it normal for only 5 to be pipped and 21 with nothing yet?
I am hoping I didn't do anything wrong....
Nobody told me hatching chicks would make me so anxious/nervous.

Congratulations.

How many out now?
Are they all yellow?
As of this morning we have 10 hatched total (16 unhatched). We are just starting Day 19.... so hopefully we get a few more. (I'm hoping for at least 15 total). The 16 left have not pipped externally... I hope that's not a bad sign.

Colors so far
4- Tibetan
2- Tuxedo (I'm guessing Rosetta Tuxedo currently)
4 - Yellow (each one also as 1 or 2 dark spots on them). I am not positive but I'm guessing Panda. I've been told English Whites can have a few dark spots as chicks too). Trying to get some good pics of them.

Something I found interesting watching this hatch play out.... All 4 Yellow chicks hatched first, then the 2 Tuxs and then the 4 Tibetan. They weren't in random color order. Not sure if that was just coincidence or something to do with when they were laid etc...

The first 7 were moved to a brooder last night and seem to be doing good. The last 3 Tibetan chicks were hatched overnight and still in the incubator until tonight at least.

Is there anything I can do to help the last 16 along?

Back
Top Bottom