Cell phone opnion

I got the cheapest phone Wal Mart carries. All I want the phone to do is make and receive calls. I don't want it to take pictures or have a GPS or any of that. This phone does all I want it to do and more. It texts, which I do not care about at all. It also has a calendar, alarms, and some other stuff I will never use. I prepay the minutes and the reception is great. Better than my brother's Verizon that has all the bells and whistles.

Reception always depends on the carrier. Where I live you can't get AT&T for about 20 miles from my house. Verizon is crystal clear.

To the OP. Just research the carrier and the phone. I don't think the reception or call quality is much different on the phones themselves. You always find things you like and don't like when you get a different phone. Button placement, ease of setting stuff up, buttons on the edges that you push by accident and mess things up.

I have a Samsung right now that has a battery saver feature. Don't have to charge near as much as other phones. Unfortunately what it does is shut itself off whenever you hit a dead zone. So it's off and you don't realize calls are coming in. Then you go to make a call and there's no screen and you have to turn it on and wait for the start up. Then you have 5 messages that you didn't know you had because it was off and not alerting you to anything. It's a ruggedized phone and takes a beating, but what a pain.

Back
Top Bottom