Central Florida Hatch-A-Holics Poultry Swap Feb 12, 2011 Ocala

....... and thanks everyone for the welcomes and directions.
big_smile.png

Good Morning To All
There are many different ways to get here depending on where you are coming from. I will list the most common:

If you are coming south from Williston or Bronson:
Head south on Hwy 41 towards Dunnellon
Turn left onto CR 328 and follow to 140th
Turn right onto 140th and go 1 block to 3rd Place
Turn left onto 3rd Place
Take first right onto 139th
Go 2 blocks and road curves to left onto 5th Place
Go about 100 yards and we are on the right.

If you are coming from Dunnellon or Crystal River:
Head north on Hwy 41 towards Williston
Turn right onto Hwy 40 and follow to 140th (flashing light)
Turn left onto 140th and go aprox 1 1/2 miles to 3rd Place (If you come to stop sign you have gone 1 block too far)
Turn right onto 3rd Place
Take first right onto 139th
Go 2 blocks and road curves to left onto 5th Place
Go about 100 yards and we are on the right.

If you are coming from the North or South such as Gainesville or Orlando:
Take Hwy 75 south or north to exit 352
Head west towards Dunnellon
Follow aprox 9 miles to CR 328
Turn right onto CR 328 and follow aprox 3 miles
Turn left onto 137th (first road to left past the Log Cabin Store)
Follow 137th to end (4 blocks) road curves around to right onto 4th Place.
On 4th Place take first left onto 138th
138th curves around to right onto 5th Place
Go about 100 feet and we are on the left.

These are the most common routes. There will be lots of signs from Hwy 40 and 140th, from Hwy 40 and CR 328 and from CR 328 and 140th. Please park as far onto the sides of the road as possible to allow for best traffic flow. It can get tight back in here so please do not bring large trailers. Most everybody unloads their birds and brings them into our yard and picks a spot to set them up. Some choose to set up outside of the fence on the side of the road. Which ever the case, please be mindfull of others and that this is only a one lane road so please leave enough room for traffic to get past. The ditches are solid so don't be affraid to park in them. See you all here.

I am getting sooooooo excited!! I can't wait to see people......and I can't wait to see what chickens are available!

I'm still planning on bringing some EE chicks that are one week old today & doing GREAT!

I MAY bring a few EE Pullets that started laying in November.

Starting on Monday (day before yesterday), I began collecting eggs from my laying EE's. So far, I have collected about 18. I'll bring everything I have collected by Friday afternoon. All lay green eggs.

And I may be bringing my brand new Brinsea Mini Advance - I JUST got it about three weeks ago....and I LOVE it. It runs ROCK SOLID on temperatures and doesn't require the "fiddling" my other one requires............so for Valentine's day, my husband is getting me the 20 egg version of this same incubator. Our agreement is that I sell the Mini Advance one.

It is currently selling on Brinsea's website for $119 plus $25 shipping. I will probably sell it for $119, and include 7 green eggs from my EE's - as long as you pm me ahead of time so I know to set aside 7 of the eggs for you! I'll bring all the papers and stuff with me. PM me if your interested...if I don't detect any interest, I'm going to sell it on Ebay.

eta: corrected shipping fee that Brinsea is charging.

Last edited:
Well, shoot. I've been wondering for the last two months when they were going to set a date so yesterday they finally did and it's THIS SATURDAY.

Ah well, I'm not going to be able to make it to the swap then. Prior commitment.

Looks like maybe Bent Creek at the end of the month will be the next swap I'll be able to make.

Grumblegrumblegrumble....

Quote:
I think you should bring him....I can almost guarantee someone will fall in love and take him home..... I would, but 3 dogs is my limit. He is a total cutie
love.gif

ya.gif
WooHoo!!
wee.gif
Looks like I will be able to make this one!! I have 2 pr of Silver Button Quail to bring and 2 pr of Manchurian Gold Coturnix, they will be laying soon. I also have several pairs of regular brown coturnix.

I will be bringing a friend and he has a couple of Mille Fleur OEGM cockerels.

Lisa

A.T. Hagan :

Well, shoot. I've been wondering for the last two months when they were going to set a date so yesterday they finally did and it's THIS SATURDAY.

Ah well, I'm not going to be able to make it to the swap then. Prior commitment.

Looks like maybe Bent Creek at the end of the month will be the next swap I'll be able to make.

Grumblegrumblegrumble....

I'll be glad to see you at Bent Creek. I want to 'talk turkey' with you. HA!​

Back
Top Bottom