Quote:
clap.gif
woot.gif
woot.gif
woot.gif
woot.gif
clap.gif

bow.gif
Just in time - I need a ton of things, and tractor supply carries NONE of it! You are my new bestest friend!
hugs.gif

Hey everyone...just for the record. It was about Sept last year that ALL of my original Seramas came down w/ the AVI POX virus. Mine just had the dry pox, but my brother lives about 10 minutes from me, and his caught WET & DRY pox about 3 weeks after mine. It's caused by mosquitoes and I STRONGLY suggest you vaccinate as it's an obvious problem. The vaccine is cheap, but you have to inject in the wing web...

They carry the vaccine at Jeffers
celebrate.gif

4Kidz, what are the symptoms and what vaccine would you need for it?

Before I knew about it, and before I knew about BYc, I was on a site called dave's garden. I did a lot of research after it happened and all of that info is here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/911575/
EDIT
- More good info here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/913390/

Hope
that helps. There are a lot of pics and some are graphic for the weak stomach...

Last edited:
Quote:
Yeah, I probably won't make it in August...it will be the first one I've missed...so sad. I work the 8th, vacation the 15th, and work the 22nd. I'm off the 1st and 29th, but the 29th is after school starts and the 1st is only 2 weeks away!

sounds like u r pretty booked next month!

Yeah, I know...that's why I can't have it here...have to wait for September. If anyone wants to get together in 2 weeks I'm game though.
lol.png

Quote:
frow.gif
WELCOME MIKE!

Well, see, you did it backwards....chicks THEN coops, then more chooks than MORE coops. You'll get the hang of it. It's the BYC way
big_smile.png
And we will ALL be sure to help you (supplying CHICKS, etc) along the way
tongue2.gif

LOL!!! I know that's right.

Sarge (that's what we named the roo i got from you) is a porch chicken until we get the new run built this week.

Quote:
frow.gif
WELCOME MIKE!

Well, see, you did it backwards....chicks THEN coops, then more chooks than MORE coops. You'll get the hang of it. It's the BYC way
big_smile.png
tongue2.gif

Sarge (that's what we named the roo i got from you) is a porch chicken until we get the new run built this week.

lau.gif
Don't forget buy ducks, then build duck enclosure.
Is there any other way but to buy birds first then build? I mean how are you going to know how big to make it if you don't get all you want first.
hu.gif

We had a great time....Thanks for hosting us. Even the rain couldn't dampen a smile.

Quote:
frow.gif
WELCOME MIKE!

big_smile.png
tongue2.gif

"Sarge the cocoa puff pumpkin roo" I LOVE IT! And he's in charge like a sarge, that's for SURE

I don't really know how to work this thing very well yet. But I will, maybe. I have been around chickens about all my life we just started a small flock for my 5 yr old son he likes them a lot. He has 32 now started from Gampaw and new bator. New Coop and run, first egg today he was just amazed he was telling everyone. I wish I could put his pics. on here but don't know how yet.

I have the Monzilla/Fire Fox I have messed with that think for hours read another post from some else with the same thing did what he said and just don't get it yet. Maybe some day I think I look at this site every night my wife says I am crazy but I think it is neat to see all the different stuff.

Back
Top Bottom