Central Indiana Poultry Show

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by Hurst, Sep 5, 2010.

1. Hurst

Hurst Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2009
    Whitestown,Indiana
    Please come!

It's on October 16th. Entries due by October 5th, go to www.poultryshow.org for more info.

2. catwalk

catwalk Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2009
    I'm going! The prize list makes me think that it's a pretty big show.

3. mburpo

mburpo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2010
    Paragon, IN
    I might just attend this show. It'll be my first, but you gotta jump in sometime, right?

4. catwalk

May 19, 2009
    I will bring a few hens to sell if anyone is interested! Somebody is taking my Silkie roo, so he has first refusal on the crossbred pullet, but she carries the lavender gene, and she makes adorable babies, some of which are silkied. I am also selling her mother, a white Cochin, as I no longer have any other Cochins. There is no more amusing hen, and she can hear a banana peeling from quite a distance! I have a Serama hen as well. I am showing several birds, so I will not bring these girls unless they're spoken for.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

5. Attack Chicken

Attack Chicken [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Hu

Sep 25, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I'm going! I haven't sent my entry form in yet though. So far I am bringing (all bantams): 1 blue wyandotte cock, 1 blue wyandotte pullet, 1 black wyandotte hen, 1 silver-laced wyandotte pullet, and a jubilee (sp?) serama cockeral.

6. midwestchickenwrangler

midwestchickenwrangler Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2010
    Greenfield, Indiana
    Will this be more of a "show" or more like a swap meet? I have not been to any sort of poultry show before. I have some silkies I would like to bring and hopefully sell.

7. Attack Chicken

Attack Chicken [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Hu

Sep 25, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    This is a poultry show but you can bring birds to sell and show [​IMG] We need to wear out BYC shirts or chickstock t-shirts!

8. midwestchickenwrangler

midwestchickenwrangler Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2010
    Greenfield, Indiana
    If I am not planning on showing any birds, do I still need to fill out an entry form?

If I bring any chicks to try and sell, would a pet carrier work and just carry them around with me?

9. catwalk

May 19, 2009
    Quote:Call the number and ask if you can buy a sales cage without being an exhibitor. Some shows have outdoor sales areas for you to set up in.

10. Little Ameraucana Mom

Little Ameraucana Mom Need Help, Can't stop hatching!!!

Jul 8, 2008
    Greencastle, In
    We are showing silkies, dark cornish bantams, bantam ameraucanas and blue wheaton OEG. I'll also be bringing birds to sell

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by