Central Jersey: Middlesex County Chicken Processing?

zajchick

Hatching
5 Years
Apr 21, 2014
Hello everyone!

I'm new here but have been lurking for a few days. I'm getting my first chicks at the end of this week and I'm very excited! I've ordered 2 Buff Orpingtons, 2 Red Stars, 1 Rhode Island Red and 1 Barred Plymouth Rock. I really wanted to get a White Silkie since my dad grew up with them but wasn't able to find a place that could ship just 1.

I live in Edison, NJ and it's been quite difficult to find supplies locally, it doesn't seem there are any feed stores in Central Jersey. I don't like to drive on the highways so that also hinders me a bit.

If anyone can let me know about any feed stores or places that sell chick/chicken food and supplies by me, I'd greatly appreciate it! Any Central Jersey/Middlesex County resources/information for Chickens would be a great help, I can't seem to find very much locally and am thinking about buying most things online which is more expensive.

Also, this isn't for quite some time but since it does eventually need to be addressed, are there any butchers or chicken processors by me?

Lastly, any local Chicken enthusiast meetups? :)

Thanks so much!

- Zaj

Back
Top Bottom