Central Ohio Meet-Up Pot Luck (revised from BBQ)

Your signature line explains why we chose Marysville instead of Dublin when we moved here 8 years ago. Where do you live that they allow you to have chickens? Obviously not in Muirfield

Haha! NO not Muirfield. No way.

Just our mailing address is Dublin. Now it gets confusing. It used to be Amlin. But now it isn't- something to do with incorporation. We are in Hilliard school dist. and actually part of Washington township. And we are zoned for agriculture, but someone else here said that in Franklin county we are supposed to have 5 acres. I don't know. What I do know is that my neighbors 2 doors down had ostriches up until last year and the dogs next door are more annoying than any farm animal I have ever known. So I figure that a few hens are fine. And hey, if the officials around here are actually bright enough to figure out the code and decide that chickens aren't allowed, I will just have to move.
We were looking at Marysville but DH works downtown Columbus and didn't want the extra drive time. Actually we lived in Plain City for a few years and I would love to buy some land there.​

Okay guys, so it's settled.Blendon Woods.Now, what time ? And how do we find each other?:
hu.gif

yes some of the shelter houses have playgrounds right next to them hopefully i can get one of those! im thinking around noon 1pm ish i can put some little isgns up to help guide you to the area!

I couldn't find the thread and missed a bunch! I thought I had a wedding that day, but it's the next weekend, so I can come!!

Blendon woods usually charges to reserve a shelter. I can't remember how much though.

If we can't do it there for some reason we can have it out at my place. It might be farther for some of you. We're about 4 miles outside of 270 on the SE side, off of 33E headed toward Lancaster.

Does anyone want to make this a mini-swap as well? If people that are coming can post what they have for sale, or breeds they have hatching eggs of, we could swap or buy and just exchange at the potluck. It would also be fun to do some sex-ID education for us newbies
smile.png

Do we need to switch to put what we have available in the buy-sell-trade category, or can we just post it here?

Kendra

I have some light brahma bantams that I need to sell. I'm looking for Standard Buff Brahmas, Cuckoo Marans, and Buckeyes to expand my bloodlines, as well as Muscovy ducks!

Quote:
I just checked the Metroparks website and there are 5 non-reservable shelters that require no fee. They're on the first road to the right as you enter the park. They each hold up to 30 people. and are enclosed on 3 sides.

Aliena, are you still interested in doing this? If not, I guess it will be up to someone else.

Back
Top Bottom