Central Ohio Meet-Up Pot Luck (revised from BBQ)

I invited some friends who are not byc members, but they have lots of poultry. I think they are coming too, I gave them the details, there are three or four in their family.

For those of you who are planning on bringing chickens to swap, you probably should check with the Metroparks people and make sure it is allowed. I don't know what their policy is on livestock on the premises.

I'm sure the metro parks don't want chickens running around, but if you keep the trunk of your car open for ventilation and keep them in crates/cages in the cars there's not much they can or should have to say about it.

We have dog club meetings all the time at Blendon woods. Dogs aren't allowed off leash at the park, but we keep them on leash or in our cars all the time.

Kendra

PS I'm still not sure if I"m able to make it or not. I'm really going to try. We have a dog event that day and I need to decide if I am going to show one of my dogs or just go later after the showing is over.

Hi Folks

newbie ?

1. How often do you you do this type of get togather...(I'm kinda new and just found this post).

I ask cause I would like to come but will be driving back from Pennsacola Fla on the 12th.

Billyroo

Hey Billyroo
Welcome to BYC
This is our first get together but I'm sure we will be planning many morel
Be careful in your road trip and keep in touch
Melia

I just got a call that the hatchery doesn't have nearly as many blue giant cochins as I wanted, so if anyone has blue (or splash) standard cochins available please let me know!

I'm also looking for standard buff brahmas (drooling in anticipation would be more like it)

as well as some cuckoo marans or Buckeyes.

I was also told that I need a nice show quality splash silkie rooster (and a hen if possible). So if you know of anyone that has any of these things that we might be able to figure out a way to get them to our meet up please let me know.

Thanks so much!!!

Kendra

Quote:
we might want some. we have a desparate broody not having much luck with hers....

Unfortunately I don't think our eggs will still be fertile by the meet-up. We finally put our rooster in the pot yesterday
roll.png
However, you are welcome to come to my home to pick up some eggs now if you would like. I believe they can still be fertile for a week or more after mating (correct me on this anyone). I am in NW Delaware County, just off of Rt. 257. PM me if you are interested.

Quote:
we might want some. we have a desparate broody not having much luck with hers....

Unfortunately I don't think our eggs will still be fertile by the meet-up. We finally put our rooster in the pot yesterday
roll.png
However, you are welcome to come to my home to pick up some eggs now if you would like. I believe they can still be fertile for a week or more after mating (correct me on this anyone). I am in NW Delaware County, just off of Rt. 257. PM me if you are interested.

Chicknmania, where in central Ohio are you? Are you in Columbus? My MIL lives in Columbus near Grandview and OSU. I will be there on Sunday around noon and I can bring eggs there if you would like. PM me if you are interested-

Hi, Glad to hear more folks are going to come to the meet-up.I couldn't get on the BYC site,forgot my password and couldn't log in.They sent me some, but they didn't work.Finally,I'm back on....Hurray!
yippiechickie.gif

Back
Top Bottom