Chandelier and Curtains.... Too much?

Ms2lman

Chirping
May 30, 2017
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
So I thought perhaps the girls needed a little privacy, so I added curtains, which I must admit I change for the seasons... And then I thought ... Doesn't every coop deserve a chandelier, so found one at the thrift store and hubby added solar lights... Perfect. And then I thought they should have a swing, so we added a swing, thought they might enjoy playing xylophone, but honesty I haven't seen them play it once, I believe they probably line up at night and play Beethoven when no ones around .

View attachment 1026390 View attachment 1026391 View attachment 1026392 View attachment 1026393 So I thought perhaps the girls needed a little privacy, so I added curtains, which I must admit I change for the seasons... And then I thought ... Doesn't every coop deserve a chandelier, so found one at the thrift store and hubby added solar lights... Perfect. And then I thought they should have a swing, so we added a swing, thought they might enjoy playing xylophone, but honesty I haven't seen them play it once, I believe they probably line up at night and play Beethoven when no ones around .
Put a wee dollop of yogurt on the xylophone ... maybe that'll encourage them to play!

IMG_3432.JPG
IMG_3433.JPG
View attachment 1026390 View attachment 1026391 View attachment 1026392 View attachment 1026393 So I thought perhaps the girls needed a little privacy, so I added curtains, which I must admit I change for the seasons... And then I thought ... Doesn't every coop deserve a chandelier, so found one at the thrift store and hubby added solar lights... Perfect. And then I thought they should have a swing, so we added a swing, thought they might enjoy playing xylophone, but honesty I haven't seen them play it once, I believe they probably line up at night and play Beethoven when no ones around .

I plan to add all of the things you did! Too much??? NEVER! LOL!! I added roosting bars to my brooders! I told these littles when we were driving home with them that they won the chicken lottery!!! :wee

Last edited:
:ya
I plan to add all of the things you did! Too much??? NEVER! LOL!! I added roosting bars to my brooders! I told these littles when we were driving home with them that they won the chicken lottery!!! :wee
I don't think it's too much either and fortunately hubby loves and cares for our flock and builds whatever I come up with

I love the idea of a chandelier with the solar lights. You may have started a new fad!! I may have to hang one up in my yard!! Just have to figure out where it will get enough sun. Maybe hook it to a corner of the run. Will be adding a swing to my run, a small pool, and some logs to play on: though probably not curtains in the coop.

Back
Top Bottom