Chandelier and Curtains.... Too much?

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Ms2lman, May 31, 2017.

1. Ms2lman

Ms2lman Chirping

May 30, 2017
    image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg So I thought perhaps the girls needed a little privacy, so I added curtains, which I must admit I change for the seasons... And then I thought ... Doesn't every coop deserve a chandelier, so found one at the thrift store and hubby added solar lights... Perfect. And then I thought they should have a swing, so we added a swing, thought they might enjoy playing xylophone, but honesty I haven't seen them play it once, I believe they probably line up at night and play Beethoven when no ones around .

2. Mace Gill

Mace Gill Songster

May 26, 2017
    New Jersey
    Put a wee dollop of yogurt on the xylophone ... maybe that'll encourage them to play!

3. Ms2lman

Ms2lman Chirping

May 30, 2017
    Good idea

4. ScottandSam

ScottandSam Still learning

Dec 24, 2016
    Shell Knob, Missouri
    I LOVE IT. Nothing and I repeat nothing is too much.

Scott

5. Mace Gill

Mace Gill Songster

May 26, 2017
    New Jersey
    I think they need a card table with one of those lazy Susan things that holds poker chips

6. IMG_3432.JPG IMG_3433.JPG
    I plan to add all of the things you did! Too much??? NEVER! LOL!! I added roosting bars to my brooders! I told these littles when we were driving home with them that they won the chicken lottery!!! :wee

Last edited: May 31, 2017
  7. Ms2lman

Ms2lman Chirping

May 30, 2017
    :ya
    I don't think it's too much either and fortunately hubby loves and cares for our flock and builds whatever I come up with

8. Hmmm...well my pictures didn't upload...so I edited my post to add them...strange...they were there when I told it to post it...oh well they are there now!

9. jeria

jeria Songster

May 5, 2017
    Independence MO
    I love the idea of a chandelier with the solar lights. You may have started a new fad!! I may have to hang one up in my yard!! Just have to figure out where it will get enough sun. Maybe hook it to a corner of the run. Will be adding a swing to my run, a small pool, and some logs to play on: though probably not curtains in the coop.

Ms2lman likes this.
  10. Ms2lman

Ms2lman Chirping

May 30, 2017
    Love the pics

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: