Change ordinance laws in west Chicago! Sign my petition!!

Well I understand not being able to have roosters, but chickens are my concern. Many people have chickens in west Chicago, they just happened to be working on some water valves and saw our chickens and complained.. We just had to move them all to my friends farm, was bittersweet. Not to mention all my food supply is gone now and more expensive to buy in stores. Hence the fact that I will be attending city council meetings regularly and hope some of you can join me! I hung up a flyer at bobs salt and feed! Also have 102 signatures on my petition. So that's a start! My plan is to allow chickens to be in a sustainable living conditions! If it comes down to details, I want to limit 8 hens, this provides a good amount of eggs a day. Anyone else have any ideas?! We called city hall the other day to find out when the ordinance laws changed and they didn't give me an idea when just said it's been a while. They expected us to just find a home for them within 5 days.. Ya right

Well always shoot high and see what we get. Other areas are allowed 6-8 hens. I think it's reasonable number to start off with. I will be attending the city hall meeting tonight at 7 if anyone wants to join to bring this matter up and started! See ya there!

If anyone would like to join us in getting this ordinance changed pleaSe come to the city council meeting for your support, sept 2nd Tuesday at 7pm they generally don't last long at all, half hour or so. Please message or email me if you would like to attend. Would mean a lot [email protected]

welcome-byc.gif
Glad you joined us!

Good luck with getting the laws changed!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom