changing tractor supply brooding

I really do hate their new brooders..... and i wish I could just stop buying things from tractor supply, but my ducks and bunny will cost me like 3-4x as much if I get their supplies from local pet stores or even Walmart. The tsc pine shavings are 3 dollars less than the Walmart ones, and they are twice as much shavings. I can buy an entire 50lb bale of hay for my bunny at tractor supply for the exact same price of a 96oz bag of the same hay at the pet store. I just can't afford shopping for that type of thing anywhere else.
i totally understand, i still have to buy duck feed at tractor supply because no where else within an hour sells it (i live in a neighborhood, so nobody but me really has ducks) but as long as they don’t get sales on live animals they will need to stop selling them

I really do hate their new brooders..... and i wish I could just stop buying things from tractor supply, but my ducks and bunny will cost me like 3-4x as much if I get their supplies from local pet stores or even Walmart. The tsc pine shavings are 3 dollars less than the Walmart ones, and they are twice as much shavings. I can buy an entire 50lb bale of hay for my bunny at tractor supply for the exact same price of a 96oz bag of the same hay at the pet store. I just can't afford shopping for that type of thing anywhere else.
I understand. I'm fortunate to have a small local hardware/feed store nearby who sells most things I need - but no live animals. They charge a little more, which is acceptable to me.

Hay from pet stores is almost always awful and old, anyway. If you look at it closely it is usually dried up and brown! Since quality hay is so important for rabbit health there is more than just money to consider when buying hay for them.

You can only do your best. You have to take care of your existing animals with the resources you have. If you had another store with comparable options not abusing their animals, I'm sure you would choose them.

I understand. I'm fortunate to have a small local hardware/feed store nearby who sells most things I need - but no live animals. They charge a little more, which is acceptable to me.

Hay from pet stores is almost always awful and old, anyway. If you look at it closely it is usually dried up and brown! Since quality hay is so important for rabbit health there is more than just money to consider when buying hay for them.

You can only do your best. You have to take care of your existing animals with the resources you have. If you had another store with comparable options not abusing their animals, I'm sure you would choose them.
Yeah I definitely would, there is one little farm store by my house that sells hay, but it is very dried up and yellowish brown, seemed like a decent duck bedding but not for my bunny.

Attachments

• Snapchat-289164013.jpg
    Snapchat-289164013.jpg
    179.1 KB · Views: 6
I support previous posts suggesting vote with your dollars. (And the on-line poll if you choose to do so.) If TSC's loses from selling live animals is greater than their profits, they will stop having them. I wonder if the manager of a store has any say in whether they have to stock them. Can't be pleasant dealing with the complaints and dead chicks.

My local TSC store is now a Peavey Mart. Has anyone had dealing with this company?

I have never seen live animals there but I think new regulations came into affect here years ago. As far as I know, no farmers markets have live animals for sale either but we do (did pre-Covid) have swap meets.

When my children had pets, Chinchilla, Guinea Pigs, Rats, and Gerbils, that ate hay, I would buy a bale from a feed store. Lasted a long time, better quality, and cheaper than the stuff in plastic bags in pet shops.

then that’s your own problem if you think animals should suffer.
It's only because I feel bad for Tractor Supply for all the backlash they receive. My Tractor Supply has the new brooder but all the chicks and ducklings are fine. Some people say that TSC should stop selling poultry which is ABSOLUTELY stupid because some people like me can't get chicks or ducklings close to us except TSC. The closest OTHER poultry stores from me are 1-2 hours away and you've got to be crazy to go that far to get chicks or ducklings. I'm actually with TSC and not with you guys since they took 2 YEARS to plan and make their brooder and now society makes fun of them?!?!? None of the chicks at my local TSC are treated cruelly they are happy and if somebody addressed that a chick had pasty butt or seemed lethargic they would either treat the chicks themselves or give it away for free to somebody who is determined to care for them. Usually though the chicks are fed with a constant supply of water and food.

Back
Top Bottom