changing tractor supply brooding

I went to my local TSC yesterday and they switched back to the trough brooders! Has anyone else seen a change?
Yep! Im in the Phoenix area.. 2 weeks ago they still had the horrible brooder, which is when i bought my chicks (partially to save them, partially impulse).. but the next week they had stock tanks inside a large dog kennel.. yay! I bet they are in the process of swapping them out everywhere...
And just cuz... here are the two i got 🥰
20210503_105210.jpg

Update! Yay! The Buckeye, AZ Tractor Supplyis now back to the tubs and are no longer using the stack brooder. All chicks in the tub today looked healthy with no pasty butt. The chicks were running around on nice clean shavings!!

Not good. I was the Tractor Supply on Buckeye, AZ today. I was there to buy Equine Senior and on my way to the register I stopped to look at the chicks. It’s horrible, every chick in the stacked brooder had pasty butt really extremely bad! There was an store worker cleaning the plastic on the brooder. I advised her about the chicks condition also of the one dead that was being trampled on, flat! I asked to speak to the store manager. I informed the store manager, Mark, that the chicks were not being taking care of because every single chick had extreme pasty butt. There must be something wrong with these brooder because I have never seen TSC chicks look this way. The store manager said he will get someone to take care of them. I can’t believe no one working there knew this already!!! I purchased 6 just to try to save their lives. I took them home and cleaned them up and they are now under a heat lamp sleeping. If anyone is in the Buckeye area please go by and take a look. Please let them know this isn’t right.
Update! Yay! The Buckeye, AZ Tractor Supply is now back to the tubs and are no longer using the stack brooder. All chicks in the tub today looked healthy with no pasty butt. The chicks were running around on nice clean shavings!!

Back
Top Bottom