Chantecler Thread!

Pics
I'm shipping some buff eggs to Alaska on Saturday...I sure hope that lady has a good hatch, too. I'll be sending several extras plus extra special packing for such a long trip.

Of course, Stacy...you know it's illegal to talk about new chicks without posting pics, right?
lau.gif
caf.gif

Quote:
Haha, ask and you shall receive!

Just hatched! They were so tired from all that hard work!
ChickHatch011.jpg

Grumpy fluffy chanty
big_smile.png

MoreMayHatch001.jpg

Finally able to stand well without falling over (new chicks are so adorably clumsy
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
)
ChickPics017.jpg

They are only a few days old, but I am seriously enjoying the chanty chicks! Pretty sure I'll be hooked on this breed! Even though buff isn't an official color yet, I do prefer buff to white. Never was a fan of all white chickens. I may have to find myself some LF partridge chantys...
big_smile.png

So happy to find this thread! I got 5 Partridge Chanticlers (lol all these years I'd been saying "Chanticlear") in a "surplus chicks" order along with Wheaten & Silver Ameraucanas from John Blehm. I think I have 2 cockerels & 3 Pullets, but it could be the other way around. (same with the silver AM).
They're about 8 weeks... not great pics for color but they show the shape....any opinions?
39089_chantypullet.jpg

?Pullet?
39089_chanticlerboy.jpg

?Cockerel?

And in case anyone's interested... the silver AM: (the tail makes me say pullet)
39089_silveram2.jpg

Pullet?
fl.gif

The boys will be available, as I don't have room for them.
Thanks for being here!

I have 25 Partridge coming this week. I'll take some pics as soon as they arrive. EXCITED! We had a cold winter this year and after having some combs get frostbite with -25+* I need them.

Hello! I am joining this thread as I just figured out why my buff "Ameraucana" doesn't look like the rest--it is a Chantecler! (I went in on an order of 50 chicks from John Blehm and this was the oops one--I grabbed the wrong chick!) Anyway, can you help me out? Here it is as a young chick and today at 9 weeks. Is this a boy? It doesn't like to be touched AT ALL, but is very inquisitive and will hop on me as long as I don't try to pet it! Thanks for any help.
Dawn

65263_buff_am_3-26-2011.jpg

65263_9_weeks_chantecler_2.jpg

65263_9_weeks_chantecler_3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom