Chantecler Thread!

Pics
Quote:
How pretty! I really like her coloration, it is rather unique. However, it isn’t the correct color for a partridge bird. Neck color is okay, but I prefer the Standard Of Perfection Partridge which has a deep colored red neck. The Partridge color should also be a reddish brown with black.
I'm still learning a lot about type, but she appears to be a hatchery quality Chantecler. These birds lack bulk. In the photo it also appears that she may have a pea comb instead of a cushion.

Here is one of my Partridge Pullets (which still needs lots of work), but it should give you an idea of what Partridge looks like. I have also found the Partridge coloration to be very shinny.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/23433_franny1.jpg

I knew she wasn't very good quality, but I love her color anyway
big_smile.png
a pretty warm chestnut brown. I wasn't planning to show or breeding her, just wanting opinions. She barely has any black on her, more like a dark brown. Oh, well!

Quote:
Thanks to all.

Went over to visit the inlaws this afternoon. MIL wanted me to legband the hen. Male ahd a plastic band, but no number. So I banded both with a numbered band. She wanted them abnded so she can tell their offspring from them. So much for getting her some backyard layers! She asked when we can start hatching the eggs.

So excited here as we got our first egg from the pullet pen and it was a brown Chantecler egg..i really like these birds they are very docile in comparison to the Ameraucanas. Now i have to pick out the best rooster out of the group of 7 before they head off to freezer camp.

All true what you say, but I was suggesting it as a way to include as much of the original Chantecler in the makeup as possible, I think the only way to do it would be with a LOT of numbers, and then cull heavy, but myself I'd want the original in the parents.

Moot now anyhow. Its done. I was just wondering.

Back
Top Bottom