Chantecler Thread!

Pics
I've gotten five eggs a day from my five PC hens/pullets the last two days. Most are still undersized pullet eggs, but I see an incubator run in my near future, just as soon as they get a bit bigger.

Your birds are beeeeauuutiful! Sigh.

Coop construction starts in 3 weeks then the quest to find some young pullets and a roo.

They're just for me - eggs for my family and friends, bug control (I hope) and maybe a bit of entertainment so hopefully I can find someone willing to part with half a dozen partially grown birds for a reasonable price!

hope they're as pretty as yours!

When you are ready to get them try ontariopoultryswap.net there are a number of people in southern ontario with them.

I just got 19 Hatching eggs into the incubator on Sunday so we will see what hatches.

Your birds are beeeeauuutiful! Sigh.

Coop construction starts in 3 weeks then the quest to find some young pullets and a roo.

They're just for me - eggs for my family and friends, bug control (I hope) and maybe a bit of entertainment so hopefully I can find someone willing to part with half a dozen partially grown birds for a reasonable price!

hope they're as pretty as yours!

Quote:
Seems my father-in-law (the rooster hater) won out. We swapped some Production Red hens for this pair back. They are now at our home. We will hatch a few of their eggs and offer the rest. We are most willing to swap for almost anything exhibition quality that our 4H club members can use. Make a PM offer and we will consider it. Here are some more photos:

$(KGrHqZ,!iIE8LNufJV7BPJNQo8tb!~~60_57.JPG

$(KGrHqR,!nYE8Y81JqFGBPJNRntn-Q~~60_3.JPG

$(KGrHqJ,!qIE8WnQh994BPJNQ-y4B!~~60_3.JPG

Last edited:
Speaking of Roosters, if anyone near Madison, Wisconsin wants a White Chantecler Rooster, I have 2 from last year that need homes. I kept some through the winter, but now need room for all the new birds from this year. The parent birds came from Greg Oakes in Ontario. If anyone is interested, I can post pictures. I hate to put them in the freezer, but the person that was going to take them changed his mind.

I put 19 Partridge Chantecler eggs in the incubator yesterday.

If anyone is interested in some hatching eggs, I'd put the girls back in isolation long enough to collect a dozen eggs.

$25 plus shipping.

I'll probably hatch some more once my incubator has space (it can hold more than 19 eggs...the rest of it is full of duck eggs at the moment), so this is likely a limited time offer. But, I could probably fill a couple orders before the incubator is ready.

Tim

If anyone in Washington state (or nearby states) are looking for Buff or Partridge Chantecler pullets, they have a bunch at Snohomish Co-op. They are 3 weeks old and being kept in too small a bin. A lot of them are getting their back and tail feathers picked out because they are crowded. They aren't selling, I think, because local people don't know enough about the breed. I've asked them to give them more room and they said they would be doing that today. Hope so.

I just wanted to get the word out to get these birds homes.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom