Charleston we have a Broody here!

Pics
Having a broody duck care for her ducklings is soo much less work than having them in a brooder! - So i thought…
  • Ramming five fence posts into the bone-dry hard WV ground.
  • Attaching the plastic »hardware« cloth to the posts with re-usable zip-ties.
  • Moving the 55 Gallon waterer for the grown ups out of the house to the outside.
  • Moving the less-waste feeder for the grown ups from the duck house to the outside.
  • Cleaning the floor of the dining/breakfast area because the ducks had red cale yesterday for dinner and green poop makes slippery floors and green ducklings.
  • Installing a small white plastic bin with two bricks as bathtub for the ducklings.
  • Installing a large black plastic bowl for momma duck.
Whew!
full
- How simple i a brooder: Supply food and water, change bedding and watch the ducklings grow like weed.
But watching Momma Duck checking out the run without the ducklings: Priceless!
Katharina duck checking out the run for her babies by WannaBeHillBilly posted Aug 16, 2019 at 9:06 PM

So she didn't let the ducklings come out and after checking out everything she rushed back inside to digest. But them:
Katharina and her ducklings outside for the first time by WannaBeHillBilly posted Aug 16, 2019 at 10:31 PM

Did you hear that sucking noise ~30 seconds into the video? - Blanca Duck of course…

Having a broody duck care for her ducklings is soo much less work than having them in a brooder! - So i thought…
  • Moving the 55 Gallon waterer for the grown ups out of the house to the outside.
  • Moving the less-waste feeder for the grown ups from the duck house to the outside.
  • Cleaning the floor of the dining/breakfast area because the ducks had red cale yesterday for dinner and green poop makes slippery floors and green ducklings.
  • Installing a small white plastic bin with two bricks as bathtub for the ducklings.
Whew!
full
- How simple i a brooder: Supply food and water, change bedding and watch the ducklings grow like weed.
Katharina duck checking out the run for her babies by WannaBeHillBilly posted Aug 16, 2019 at 9:06 PM
Katy was the center of attention from the grown ducks and the ducklings peeking around the corner

Whew!
full
That looks like a perfect space for them! Great job!

They are so precious:love can you get close? We need some close ups!;)
I don't want to lose an eye or an ear and don't need a piercing in my nose…
Katharina freaks out when one of us gets closer and now that she has more time to feed herself she got much much stronger and very aggressive.
Tried my luck this morning, she hopped the fence and ran into the pool, so i decided to step into the run and sit down with the ducklings, bad idea! - Next thing i hear was the sound of a duck, flying, then i had to jump the fence…

I don't want to lose an eye or an ear and don't need a piercing in my nose…
Katharina freaks out when one of us gets closer and now that she has more time to feed herself she got much much stronger and very aggressive.
Tried my luck this morning, she hopped the fence and ran into the pool, so i decided to step into the run and sit down with the ducklings, bad idea! - Next thing i hear was the sound of a duck, flying, then i had to jump the fence…
In other words, he does not want another STD......or an LTD for that matter

Back
Top Bottom