Chase drives me nuts!

LegginMF12

Songster
12 Years
May 2, 2011
Yucca Valley
I am on a very strict budget. Regular bills get paid on the 5th and house payment gets paid on the 20th religiously! Well I go online today and start paying my bills and lo and behold, I have several that are showing as not having been paid last month. It turns out Chase declined them, even though there was money in my account. Chase swears they didn't. I told Chase then please explain to me how I have confirmation numbers for the online payments? They said "Mam, according to our records a payment request was never submitted to your account" I call BS! Now becausea lot of deposits and withdrawals on my bank account last month I didn't catch it and spent part of the money that was assigned for bills. I just assumed I had the money available because for over 10 days I did not use my ATM as I had cash in my pocket. I am mad. I had to make a triple payment on one of the bills because apparently it has been declined since I submitted my Nov payment. I checked all of my bill accounts and they all show me as having logged in on the 5th of every month! Why would I log into to my account and not make the payment? I paper bills specifically say date payment was submitted and date the payment charge was REVERSED. The only way it can be reversed is if Chase declines it. Chase denies they declined to allow the payments to go through!
he.gif
he.gif
he.gif
he.gif
he.gif
somad.gif

Time to try another bank. Thankfully I only had issue one time and that was with my water.They never got payment,and the bank paid again PLUS the late fee.From then on I paid the water bill via mail. I check my bank and all accounts every few days to check payments go through. Pain,but I don't trust anyone. I also pay very much ahead of time in case things go wrong.

I hope you won't have issues.Chase should cover any fees.If they did not I would switch.

They will not be paying any fees. They are saying they never received a request for payment from the companies I submitted to. Again, I call BS! I have confirmation numbers! Chase is basically saying I never made the payments in the first place, that they did not refuse the payments. I have double and triple checked my bank account, the money was available to pay all the bill payments I submitted< I have checked all of my log in dates and on all of my bills I logged in on the 4th or the 5th of each month all within an hour of each website. When Chase got the request, they denied and never kept a record of it.

This kind of busted my bubble. I have never heard a bad thing about Chase; they take very good care of Veteran's. I actually just opened up an account with them 3 weeks ago. Sorry to hear you had issues with your account. Hopefully they can do something to make it right and give you a little incentive to stay.

I have accounts with Chase.
It really bothers me that they have to have a bank on every corner, and every time you turn around, they try to give you something for free.
I am paying for that.
And the interest on my savings is in the toilet, like less than half a percent.
I am seriously considering changing banks.

We used to have a chase credit card. They did something along thr lines of this to us, and isn't take credit for it. That is why I will never again have an account of any type with them. Local bank and discover card all the way.

I hate Chase too.. I have a student loan with them and they will NOT work with me at all on lowering my payments.. I pay them $400/mo and they won't defer or reduce my payments
sad.png

Chase alone takes 60% of my monthly income..ugggh.

They did the same thing to my husband- declined payment tho the money was there. Thankfully he caught it in time before there were any late fees, but I don't consider them reliable. I prefer credit unions or to keep the money under my mattress . . . but hard to do in this day and age of needing a credit card for sooooo many things.

Back
Top Bottom