Chat room for non religious poultry keepers! :D

Pics
My faith doesn't believe in recruitment so no worries there.

And yeaaah, we started out with ten.... I had no faith when they would stalk me to the hay barn, panic and like stoogies body slam each other in panic when I look. :pop the last hen gets amnesty solely due to her actually surviving.

Haha, mine did that, too, following me around and then scrambling over each other to get away if I turned around! 🤣 And I'll never forget going out to the Guinea pen one time and finding one of the males hanging in the fence by his horn, totally limp. I thought for sure he was dead, so I unhooked his horn to get him out of there and suddenly he came back to life and went right back over to his flock like nothing had happened. :th

I think I only kept mine out of sentiment / obligation to them because I had hatched them and brought them into the world, but when they started dying off I just didn't replace them because they were not my favorite birds. 🤐

Haha, mine did that, too, following me around and then scrambling over each other to get away if I turned around! 🤣 And I'll never forget going out to the Guinea pen one time and finding one of the males hanging in the fence by his horn, totally limp. I thought for sure he was dead, so I unhooked his horn to get him out of there and suddenly he came back to life and went right back over to his flock like nothing had happened. :th

I think I only kept mine out of sentiment / obligation to them because I had hatched them and brought them into the world, but when they started dying off I just didn't replace them because they were not my favorite birds. 🤐
That sounds right, more than once I unfortunately found them unalived in the rain barrel even with stuff in there to help them :he others just out right vanished. Coulda ran to join the wild turkeys or ended up turtle food in the lake :idunno latter is the fate of our polish rooster another.... Interesting specimen of human meddling.

X3, For me I just don't spend any amount of time focusing on how "non-religious" I am nor do I feel compelled to make that a part of everything I do or say. So on the flip, I feel annoyed when any given subject has a person's particular faith unnecessarily thrown into it, and it makes me wonder if they are being coached to do a constant recruitment.

X3, For me I just don't spend any amount of time focusing on how "non-religious" I am nor do I feel compelled to make that a part of everything I do or say. So on the flip, I feel annoyed when any given subject has a person's particular faith unnecessarily thrown into it, and it makes me wonder if they are being coached to do a constant recruitment.
Trust me when I say partily why I love hanging out with the less religously inclined is because I don't have to contend with that. :oops:

Hey guys! What's everyone's favorite breed of chicken?
I personally like:
Black copper marans
Barred rocks
Buff orpingtons
Speckled Sussexes
Jersey giants
And basically every chicken breed (except silkies and naked necks)
I would love to get a frizzle one day. Maybe even a bantam buff laced frizzle polish.
It's actually harder for me to write this list than I thought because I have "favorite looking," "favorite laying," and "favorite personality" and so different breeds in each catagory of favorite. But in thinking about which breed checks all 3 boxes I think it's is Creme Legbar and Black Copper Marans. They're pretty, sweet and lay beautiful eggs. BCM is more fun than sweet though.

Hey guys! What's everyone's favorite breed of chicken?
I personally like:
Black copper marans
Barred rocks
Buff orpingtons
Speckled Sussexes
Jersey giants
And basically every chicken breed (except silkies and naked necks)
I would love to get a frizzle one day. Maybe even a bantam buff laced frizzle polish.
I am shamelessly a game bird lover, from game in name only to the very gamey because of their rich history and personality. I also believe they need preservation due to their unique genetics.

I LOVE aseel, but all Orientals in general. I'm still waiting to give you some more info, because due to a recent accident I had to change phones, and my photos didn't transfer, so I have no photos of my birds, other than my three silkie babies

Back
Top Bottom