Chat room for non religious poultry keepers! :D

Pics
Regarding the US going metric: There's also the bit about ALL industry having to switch. All those dies, molds, fixtures, jigs, machines, tools...

I have my suspicions that that is what tanked the attempt back in the late 1970s: Industry said, nuh uh. Not gonna do it and you can't make us. :tongue
Good point

Regarding the US going metric: There's also the bit about ALL industry having to switch. All those dies, molds, fixtures, jigs, machines, tools...

I have my suspicions that that is what tanked the attempt back in the late 1970s: Industry said, nuh uh. Not gonna do it and you can't make us. :tongue
I think you mentioned this in the other chat group we're on. Thing is, in the long run, it's just hurting you (the country). I'm sure a *lot* of industries have already switched, especially those that deal internationally. They wouldn't be able to otherwise.

A ducka holic, eh... I don't know anything about that.... LOL!
hello fellow duck lover!! love from Canada@!
So Canada Wind; Sorry Chris I mean, how is raising rabbits with chickas- And ducks?
If you say it's easy I will in fact convince my family to get MANY A RABBIT!!
Ducks rule, chickens drool! :lau Well, as long as they're Muscovy. ;) Honestly, the endless quacking from some of the regular domestics is enough to drive one insane! 🤪

Are you also in Canada?

As for the rabbits, it's great. The chickens and ducks love to go through the piles of 💩 I clean out of their cages, scattering it about for a nice, clean fertilizer. In fact, rabbit manure is the only kind that doesn't need to be composted before being put on plant beds! And on the occasions where a rabbit escaped, it would be happily grazing with the birds all around, no one bothering anyone else.

Only problem I have is at feeding time. With one duck in particular. She's a glutton and if I'm not careful and don't put the feed bucket up out of reach, she'll devour everything in it! Of course, the others all come running for a piece of the action...

:D What are OEGB's? They sound exotic and cool!! I also have a Serama dude!!! (Ilov ehim)

As others have said, they're Old English Game bantams. Otherwise known as the cutest lil teensy tiny pocket chickens. :love

Vega keeping warm.jpg

I've never had Seramas, but they're definitely on my list! I need some of the silkie-feathered ones particularly. 😁

Well said. Comparing the two is like comparing apples and oranges. They are both measuring systems, but that's where it ends.

The main problem in the States is that the rest of the world (minus those two minor countries <sorry to anyone from there>) uses metric for *everything*. It just doesn't make sense considering what how much the States trades with the rest of the world. Your government has got to put it's foot down and just implement it.

Like the dollar coins. Here, we had no choice, the dollar bill was phased out and replaced with the coins, and then the two dollar bill. You guys are just stubborn and spoiled. ;) :oops:

*runs away giggling*

There's a lot I could say about our government... Suffice it to say not all of us are spoiled or stubborn about these things. ;)

Yeah, that'll do it. :barnie That does represent a lot of dollars to switch everything over, though, even if many already have metric tools and dies, so it's understandable why it can't simply just be done.

As others have said, they're Old English Game bantams. Otherwise known as the cutest lil teensy tiny pocket chickens. :love

View attachment 3632503

I've never had Seramas, but they're definitely on my list! I need some of the silkie-feathered ones particularly. 😁

There's a lot I could say about our government... Suffice it to say not all of us are spoiled or stubborn about these things. ;)

Yeah, that'll do it. :barnie That does represent a lot of dollars to switch everything over, though, even if many already have metric tools and dies, so it's understandable why it can't simply just be done.

OEGB'S are so nice! I'm not getting any more silkied birds (given Ursula basically being a duck at heart) but the silkied serama are such cuties!

That you can, I've done so a few times when necessary! I don't know if you were following my silkied Cochin thread when one of my pullets squeezed through a fence, fell into the duck pool, and was stuck half-submerged in water likely for hours, but being able to quickly dry her off as much as possible with a towel absolutely made a big difference in getting her back on her feet.

I haven't noticed any stronger of a smell from them than any of my other birds when wet, though. The whole mixed flock coop gets that wet chicken stink when it's been rainy because some of my birds just don't care and will keep doing what they're doing despite that they're getting soaked. 😅

Back
Top Bottom