Chat Thread for the New Crazy 24 hour Auction

Pics
I have been hatching chicks in cartons ever since last year. It works out well for me. The hatched chicks still walk all over the unhatched eggs even laying on top of them. Sometimes I think their chirps help encourage the hatching. My last batch of eggs from Bama1 were my best....13 out of 14 on the 21st day. All are doing very well and as you can see making a mess and this was just the beginning.

I like using the egg carton to hatch em with.. One chick hatched and fell right into the empty egg next to it and had to get out of that egg then.. I was amused watching...seemed like murphys law ..get out of one egg only to fall into another head first

When you cross a white egg chicken with a blue egg chicken, you get offspring that lay sky blue eggs - Super Blue Egg Layer.

so I crossed a crème egg chicken with one of my OE girls and 2 of the girls lay light blue. is this considered SBEL?

the pic doesn't do the color much...and sometimes they look a bit more greenish than others
and yes, I got a frozen egg yesterday
roll.png

so I crossed a crème egg chicken with one of my OE girls and 2 of the girls lay light blue. is this considered SBEL?

the pic doesn't do the color much...and sometimes they look a bit more greenish than others
and yes, I got a frozen egg yesterday
roll.png
Not really. A SBEL is a cross between an easter egger or any chicken that lays blue/green eggs to a commercial/hatchery leghorn. the leghorn puts the "super" in super blue egg layer (SBEL)

Back
Top Bottom