Chat Thread for the New Crazy 24 hour Auction

If anyone wants some muddy eggs, they're up. If they don't sell I'm putting them in my own incubator Monday. Should have some room in it by then... all this rain is destroying our pens. I feel your pain, Ladycat. My chickens need webbed feet and an oil gland and I will be good to GO! I only collected twelve eggs yesterday, total, including quail eggs.

Now I think my Golden's have gone and got sick on me. They're mighty poofy. Going to add electrolytes and probiotics into all he quail waterers, just in case. None of the pens touch, but, wouldn't want to risk a sniffle passing through my entire flock of quail. I never thought I would see the day I'm complaining about RAIN!!

I need some dry weather to finish my breeder coops so I can separate my teenagers out. They're starting to scruffle.

If anyone wants some muddy eggs, they're up. If they don't sell I'm putting them in my own incubator Monday. Should have some room in it by then... all this rain is destroying our pens. I feel your pain, Ladycat. My chickens need webbed feet and an oil gland and I will be good to GO! I only collected twelve eggs yesterday, total, including quail eggs.

Now I think my Golden's have gone and got sick on me. They're mighty poofy. Going to add electrolytes and probiotics into all he quail waterers, just in case. None of the pens touch, but, wouldn't want to risk a sniffle passing through my entire flock of quail. I never thought I would see the day I'm complaining about RAIN!!

I need some dry weather to finish my breeder coops so I can separate my teenagers out. They're starting to scruffle.

Another consequence of the never ending rain- I have half finished grow pens that I can't get out there and finish up. I have chicks that should have gone into the grow pens a couple weeks ago. Said chicks have WAY outgrown their brooders and are very crowded.

I need to get those chicks out of the brooders that are in the barn so that I can get the chicks out of the mudroom into the barn.

I feel your pain. Considerably. We had enough pens before we decided to expand. Now? Everyone's crowded looking ( to me. ) My American Game boys are proving to be difficult to house. They're coming to maturity...

I'm about to start working IN the rain, the light rain, to try to get these pens done.

This is what I'm dealing with. And they're saying more heavy downpours tonight. That's the exact phrasing the weatherman used: "heavy downpours".

I found two dead ones bogged down in the mud today.

I'm gathering up all the cardboard, old boards, and whatever else I can find to lay in the pens.

This is what I'm dealing with. And they're saying more heavy downpours tonight. That's the exact phrasing the weatherman used: "heavy downpours". I found two dead ones bogged down in the mud today. I'm gathering up all the cardboard, old boards, and whatever else I can find to lay in the pens.
I am so sorry you're having this trouble :( I wish you were close to me, I'd be able to get you all the pallets you'd need for free.

This is what I'm dealing with. And they're saying more heavy downpours tonight. That's the exact phrasing the weatherman used: "heavy downpours". I found two dead ones bogged down in the mud today. I'm gathering up all the cardboard, old boards, and whatever else I can find to lay in the pens.
:hugs :hugs Thats awfully discouraging. Praying that your birds make it thru without any more losses.

Just a suggestion.... our local lumber store gives away their spare pallets. Maybe you can score in your area? In the meantime- praying for you.

Back
Top Bottom