Chat Thread for the New Crazy 24 hour Auction

damaged hatching eggs. They smashed the box destroying the air cells on all but 6 and completely smashing 2. Yolk everywhere. I took 3 or 4 pics showing how it was packaged and the yolk everywhere. They did not even question it.

Were they labeled as hatching eggs? They always as at the post office, "anything liquid, perishable..." I always say no. But with Click-n-ship, I think there is an option to mark shipments, but I don't think I have done so. Guess I should.

Were they labeled as hatching eggs? They always as at the post office, "anything liquid, perishable..." I always say no. But with Click-n-ship, I think there is an option to mark shipments, but I don't think I have done so. Guess I should.
i tell them no, but then i write syrup in glass all over the box
gig.gif
but my postmaster also knows what is in the box

Were they labeled as hatching eggs?  They always as at the post office, "anything liquid, perishable..."  I always say no.  But with Click-n-ship, I think there is an option to mark shipments, but I don't think I have done so.  Guess I should.
They were labeled as live embryos. I always tell them no on liquid perishable blah blah blah. The guy at my local p.o. knows what I'm shipping regardless of what it says on the outside. He always marks them as a normal priority package.

Were they labeled as hatching eggs?  They always as at the post office, "anything liquid, perishable..."  I always say no.  But with Click-n-ship, I think there is an option to mark shipments, but I don't think I have done so.  Guess I should.
Mine were labeled as live pre-hatched chicken eggs. The lady that finally delivered it asked me what kind of eggs they were with a terrified look on her face. Haha what an interesting experience. @Gardenwren was nice enough to privately sale me some wonderful eggs after I tried to bid on the auction thread without the required posts. I didn't leave feedback on that thread because it wasn't technically an auction purchase from there, but I see she has an auction going now, and she is awesome to do business with.

Mine were labeled as live pre-hatched chicken eggs. The lady that finally delivered it asked me what kind of eggs they were with a terrified look on her face. Haha what an interesting experience. @Gardenwren was nice enough to privately sale me some wonderful eggs after I tried to bid on the auction thread without the required posts. I didn't leave feedback on that thread because it wasn't technically an auction purchase from there, but I see she has an auction going now, and she is awesome to do business with.
Thank you for tye positive feedback! How are they doing? I've sat down to message you a couple times, but got pulled away by my miserable teething toddler. (She's trying to get her last canine tooth in and it's been awful.) I hope they weren't too bad off. The USPS can be infuriating to deal with at times. I had a box of eggs delivered a couple weeks ago that were supposed to be held for pick up. The darn mail lady handed the box upside-down to my 5 year old daughter! I love my girl to the moon and back, but she's NEVER allowed to handle any of the hatching eggs, incoming or outgoing. Luckily DH was watching and intervened and gave the mail carrier lady a good tongue lashing for handling them so carelessly. Still ended up losing all but 4 eggs. Grrrrr!

Last edited:
Thank you for tye positive feedback! How are they doing? I've sat down to message you a couple times, but got pulled away by my miserable teething toddler. (She's trying to get her last canine tooth in and it's been awful.) I hope they weren't too bad off. The USPS can be infuriating to deal with at times. I had a box of eggs delivered a couple weeks ago that were supposed to be held for pick up. The darn mail lady handed the box upside-down to my 5 year old daughter! I love my girl to the moon and back, but she's NEVER allowed to handle any of the hatching eggs, incoming or outgoing. Luckily DH was watching and intervened and gave the mail carrier lady a good tongue lashing for handling them so carelessly. Still ended up losing all but 4 eggs. Grrrrr!

My pleasure! You are very welcome. The eggs look great, a few wiggly air sacs but all of them still had growing babies in them. Time will tell how their little side trip effected them. I am sorry to hear about your egg delivery and hatch rate, it stinks when you take so many precautions but no one else pays any attention. I will definitely let you know how the hatch goes. Thanks again!

So, do y'all think maybe this may be why I have had fertility issues in his coop?

The bleeding was very slow to stop, so my DD got to practice her First Aid today.
thumbsup.gif

[COLOR=000080]So, do y'all think maybe this may be why I have had fertility issues in his coop?[/COLOR] [COLOR=000080]The bleeding was very slow to stop, so my DD got to practice her First Aid today. [/COLOR]:thumbsup
WOW! I wonder how well spurs would hold up over time? Those things are awesome! Would make for some interesting crazy African style tribal earrings or something wit the right artistic touch.

Wow, those are scary looking! I'm so glad I don't keep any roosters past 10 or 11 months....
Yeah, good thing he is a very sweet boy and throws beautiful chicks. He is just over 3 years old now. I have been making plans to replace him because he is not getting the job done, but thanks to @minihorse927
hugs.gif
for bringing this up he now gets a second chance.
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom