Chat Thread for the New Crazy 24 hour Auction

My brooder for first two weeks . Very basic and very cheap. After that they go into one twice the size of that for another two weeks then outside to ground. If u are having birds drown then u are doing something wrong and need to take basic step to ensure they don't drown. They should never escape that again rests on the farmer. Take more time to do ur research. I have never had a bird drown. There have been escapes due to my neglect. When moving birds from a brooder turn off all lights then pick them up.

I briefly looked into pheasants, but found that my state (WV) has special regulations on them, and on their coops...particular sizes, etc. And I think we need a special license for them. :(

Double post but please follow my forum Buulding paradise for the birds in the link below
I love your Peach golden pheasants

I briefly looked into pheasants, but found that my state (WV) has special regulations on them, and on their coops...particular sizes, etc. And I think we need a special license for them. :(
I believe that only applies to wild-type pheasants, such as ringnecks. Your decorative pheasants should not require licensing if I remember correctly

I love your Peach golden pheasants
I believe that only applies to wild-type pheasants, such as ringnecks. Your decorative pheasants should not require licensing if I remember correctly

Thanks. Will have to look into it again. I was new to bird keeping when I looked it up. I'm sure I didn't know the difference then. :D

This would be the first time I would open my eggs for auction. Please let me know ur thoughts.
I have red golden, yellow golden ,peach golden, silver golden, cinnamon golden, lady Amherst pheasants. Also jumbo pearl guineas and reeves pheasants.
Fibromelenistic ayam cemani, svart honas, pay lay Hmong chickens. (Silver Hmong fibromelenistic chickens coming soon)
Gamefowl: pumkin hulsey, redquill, miner blue, lacy and butcher. Soon gavalan hatch. Here are some pics. Website coming soon
I would be interested in learning more about your Hong chickens. We recently got into Malays and Thai Gamefowl and have been looking into Hmong a bit. Very interesting birds!

Nice! Are they difficult to hatch?

They're fussy eggs, I will say that. It's best to weigh them to track moisture loss. They also need to be laid on their sides for best hatchability and even with an autoturner they need to be turned 180 degrees once a day to help with the growth of the chorio-allantoic membrane. And they also need to be misted and cooled.

So I guess yeah, a little, especially compared to chicken eggs :p There's a great guide stickied in the goose section though. It's not as bad as it sounds.

Last edited:
I've raised a lot of chicks and found pheasants to be the most difficult.  They aren't that smart and can get themselves into a lot of trouble.  You must have a brooder set up that is free of any kind of risks.  They will escape, drown, leave the warm space under the heat lamp and freeze to death.  I'm not sure how they survive in the wild.  ;)   They sure are cute though! 

Thanks for the heads up. The person who wants me to hatch these guys will definitely need to upgrade their brooder first. I am just the "broker" in the sense of finding eggs and hatching for them. Once hatched I should be able to just hand them over.

Thank you @deserteggs22 for an awesome packing job, quick turn around, and beautiful colored eggs! Can you tell me who laid the speckled eggs?

Back
Top Bottom