Chat Thread for the New Crazy 24 hour Auction

I always call them Cream Legbars... they should all be crested, putting crested in front implies there is a non crested... JMO...

And I wouldn't worry about what GFF calls their Silverudd Blues, but you can always put (formerly Isbars) in your post...

But really, it's all up to you and what you prefer... many use dufferent terminology, if any are confused they can always ask...
I have recently been following a local group of chicken folks on fb - it's been interesting. There's a lot of Road Island Reds, Bard Rocks (you know, the ones that look like Shakespeare) and Americanas (very patriotic) everywhere. Most of them use CCLB for Cream Legbars, and I guess as long as everyone knows what they are, then it doesn't matter too much. But, of all folks that should know better, then, I got an order of GFF 's SRBs with "Isbar" on the NPIP certification and really thought I should contact them and tell them about the name change. :oops::p

I just was wondering if any Aussies on the auction thread could identify themselves so that we know whose eggs we might be able to bid on. Laws here state that you can't import eggs ( really tight biosecurity being techniquely an island). So yeah, if your selling eggs in Australia please say so! Also if anyone's selling Jap/ button quail, please say so!!

I just was wondering if any Aussies on the auction thread could identify themselves so that we know whose eggs we might be able to bid on. Laws here state that you can't import eggs ( really tight biosecurity being techniquely an island). So yeah, if your selling eggs in Australia please say so! Also if anyone's selling Jap/ button quail, please say so!!
you should try on this thread

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/australia-six-states-and-that-funny-little-island.598568/

AND of course WELCOME TO BYC!!!!!!! :welcome

I looove lurking and watching the auction thread. One of these days I'll have a broody or an incubator and will purchase some fun eggs from these great sellers.
The only thing that gets my goat, about the auction thread and some other threads, are all the distracting posts from people that didn't know about, or only skimmed, or simply *choose* not to follow directions. Mainly, just that last part. I've got a beef with people who think they don't have to follow rules that everyone else does. Ugh. Is it really that difficult?
Before I get any flamed responses: This is not targeted to one person, just general observations of what regularly happens.
So, to the point, I wanted to thank the posters who keep people on track in the auction thread. Keep it up. Okay. Off my soap box.

Last edited:
So I happened across a box at work of Instapak foam packing. Of course my first thought was EGGS!!

Then I looked them up, and unfortunately, they are rather expensive :(

So other than the cost (like maybe they will get less expensive at some point) what would you think about packing eggs in them for shipping? Still individually wrap the eggs, or pack the eggs tightly in cartons and cushion the cartons in the Instapak? Would you pay extra to have eggs packed in this stuff? I think I would, if it were affordable enough.
WP_20170617_18_23_01_Pro_LI.jpg wp_ss_20170617_0001.png

So I happened across a box at work of Instapak foam packing. Of course my first thought was EGGS!!

Then I looked them up, and unfortunately, they are rather expensive :(

So other than the cost (like maybe they will get less expensive at some point) what would you think about packing eggs in them for shipping? Still individually wrap the eggs, or pack the eggs tightly in cartons and cushion the cartons in the Instapak? Would you pay extra to have eggs packed in this stuff? I think I would, if it were affordable enough.
View attachment 1045890 View attachment 1045891

Looks great but what would the mark-up be?

Back
Top Bottom