Cheating on ChuckieBuckie

SuperDuck

Songster
Mar 28, 2018
Los Banos, Ca
Figured I’d share with you all seeing as it’s been quiet on our end :)

On weekends we go for a bike ride along the canal (The boys do not go...lol). We bring a few bags of duck food, meal worms, peas, and whatever duck treats we have around the house and we feed all the ducks along the way.

Im pretty sure they recognize us at the point as the “good stuff people” and come over as fast as they can for their treats..... and apparently snuggle time.

Again, not ChuckieBuckie but they must know we’re duck people and a little duck snuggle time is what we do best! One even introduced us to her baby. :)

Attachments

• 6361C3D1-1B10-48D9-BEC3-D156F6ABF2B2.jpeg
    6361C3D1-1B10-48D9-BEC3-D156F6ABF2B2.jpeg
    1,023.6 KB · Views: 23
  • 8938D8A3-5C87-4EC9-849C-2FE8EEAD7CEA.jpeg
    8938D8A3-5C87-4EC9-849C-2FE8EEAD7CEA.jpeg
    126.4 KB · Views: 11
  • FC1EF351-1767-43A2-889D-1CF5B569EEDC.jpeg
    FC1EF351-1767-43A2-889D-1CF5B569EEDC.jpeg
    375.3 KB · Views: 11
  • 834BA081-8D11-44E1-AC2A-C47A4C9D6144.jpeg
    834BA081-8D11-44E1-AC2A-C47A4C9D6144.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 11
oh no could you call a rescue? those are definitely dumped ducks who used to be pets, shouldn’t be in the wild
I just read the email notification without the photos, and came on to say the ducks must be abandoned domestic ducks.

Now I have seen them: of course they are domestic pekins although there are feral muscovies around.

The white ducks are not equipped to survive in the wild -- particularly over the winter when foraged food becomes less.

I understand that animal welfare and wildlife rescues don't take ducks but perhaps there is a local rehabber that can help? Or a local duck keeper? I am so concerned about abandoned domestic ducks -- I check out two groups of abandoned male pekins within 6 miles of where I live knowing that they will slowly get killed off by hungry predators

I just read the email notification without the photos, and came on to say the ducks must be abandoned domestic ducks.

Now I have seen them: of course they are domestic pekins although there are feral muscovies around.

The white ducks are not equipped to survive in the wild -- particularly over the winter when foraged food becomes less.

I understand that animal welfare and wildlife rescues don't take ducks but perhaps there is a local rehabber that can help? Or a local duck keeper? I am so concerned about abandoned domestic ducks -- I check out two groups of abandoned male pekins within 6 miles of where I live knowing that they will slowly get killed off by hungry predators
I live in a small podunk town known for duck hunting. We have nothing like that and it sucks. There are probably close to 100 Peking ducks on our route. We have mild winters. If I could bring them all home, I would. Unfortunately we are already harboring two illegal fugitive boys as it is. And two boys are plenty for us :)

I live in a small podunk town known for duck hunting. We have nothing like that and it sucks. There are probably close to 100 Peking ducks on our route. We have mild winters. If I could bring them all home, I would. Unfortunately we are already harboring two illegal fugitive boys as it is. And two boys are plenty for us :)
I am in NE Florida, also with mild winters. Each summer the number of abandoned ducks -- mainly drakes -- increases and they slowly decline in numbers over the winter. My ducks are all rescues and all but one male [I need to get the one little female rehomed before the next breeding season in the spring.] I too cannot take any more. Its just so sad that people buy ducklings [often at Easter] and then start abandoning them about July/August when they no longer want ducks or do not want male ducks.

Back
Top Bottom