Check it out

Hello and welcome to BYC - thanks for joining us and for sharing your pics.

This is a useful link of BYC guides to take a look at announcements-feedback-issues-guides.3 I’d suggest including your location using the guide in the link. You can use this link to contact members in your area - Find your State's thread.

Best wishes

Pork Pie
Thanks a lot!l'll definitely try.Stay tuned for a lot more unique-looking chickens you can't find elsewhere :celebrate

hello @acebulwer1997 ! welcome to BYC :frow Thanks for posting the pictures of your lovely flock and chicks!
How many chickens do you have?
Approximately 40 up to now.The hens of mine are very unruly.They like to lay eggs far away from home and always get dozens of their eggs spoiled due to terrible and unsheltered laying spots they find.Usually only a few chicks can hatch each brood if eggs are not laid in man-made nests.Worse still, many chicks would die within their first weeks because they're vulnerable.Ocasionally I would collect as many eggs as I can find and put them in incubator.Although I can gain many chicks at a time this way, still not many can grow up since Im not too good at raising chicks.Otherwise, the chickens I own would be more than 200 now :hit:confused:

Hello aceulwer,
Glad you joined us. It sounds like you have some wonderful free range chickens who like to steel there nests and not lay in the coop where you can find and collect the eggs.
Maybe you could confine them to a smaller area so you could collect and sell or hatch your eggs.
Where in the world are you located?
You have some very pretty chickens. Maybe you could sell some of these excess chicks you are getting and make a little bussiness out of it.
I would not use the incubator, but use all those broody hens. Build some broody hutches and let the girls do all the work, which they want to do anyway.
Keep us updated on your progress.

Back
Top Bottom