Checking interest in importing birds from Thailand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all
I am Friedrich from Prani Breeding Center in Northern Thailand http://www.prani-breeding-center.com/ and http://www.pavo-muticus.com/

short about an Export from Thailand to the USA
Some US people ask me in spring for send pure Pavo muticus imperator from Thailand in the USA . He ask me for the price for one or two pairs and where I can send them in the USA.
I give the price for the peacocks, the airline with which I can send and the shipping price, but if I said please ask at first your state veterinary if it possible for you to import green peacock from Thailand I hear never again from this people. This is not ok I think an answer he can give me.

I do not know what other Thai breeders can send green peacocks to the USA with Export Cites and health certificate. Tested on bird flu and New Castle disease and have a quarantine station.
Is the origin of the animals clarified or are this the same hybrids as in the USA and have the breeder different bloodline.For money they sell them what they would like, but what they got for their money ???
Have you see pictures from the offspring wiyh closed ring and number, the parents and the aviarys in witch they live ???

I am a WPA Member and sell our peacocks in the sense of conservation pure green peacock from different bloodline. Pure Pavo muticus imperator from Northern Thailand, with all the necessary documents Export Cites health certificate, tested on bird flu H5 N1 and New Castle diseas. Before we send the birds he stay 4 weeks in our quarantine station.

Are you interested first ask your state veterinary agency on the Los Angeles Airport, whether an imported from Thailand for peacocks is possible. When you have the ok ask what they need and than ask your Cites department what they need for an Import.
As the Next, one couple peacocks is no couple peacocks.When one animal dies, they are back at zero.Team up with friends and import several pairs it's cheaper and and is a guarantee for a successful breeding in the future.

We can send the peacocks from Chiang Mai Thailand with Thai Airways to Los Angeles in the USA

With best wishes from Prani Breeding Center in Thailand
Friedrich

Hi all
I am Friedrich from Prani Breeding Center in Northern Thailand http://www.prani-breeding-center.com/ and http://www.pavo-muticus.com/

short about an Export from Thailand to the USA
Some US people ask me in spring for send pure Pavo muticus imperator from Thailand in the USA . He ask me for the price for one or two pairs and where I can send them in the USA.
I give the price for the peacocks, the airline with which I can send and the shipping price, but if I said please ask at first your state veterinary if it possible for you to import green peacock from Thailand I hear never again from this people. This is not ok I think an answer he can give me.

I do not know what other Thai breeders can send green peacocks to the USA with Export Cites and health certificate. Tested on bird flu and New Castle disease and have a quarantine station.
Is the origin of the animals clarified or are this the same hybrids as in the USA and have the breeder different bloodline.For money they sell them what they would like, but what they got for their money ???
Have you see pictures from the offspring wiyh closed ring and number, the parents and the aviarys in witch they live ???

I am a WPA Member and sell our peacocks in the sense of conservation pure green peacock from different bloodline. Pure Pavo muticus imperator from Northern Thailand, with all the necessary documents Export Cites health certificate, tested on bird flu H5 N1 and New Castle diseas. Before we send the birds he stay 4 weeks in our quarantine station.

Are you interested first ask your state veterinary agency on the Los Angeles Airport, whether an imported from Thailand for peacocks is possible. When you have the ok ask what they need and than ask your Cites department what they need for an Import.
As the Next, one couple peacocks is no couple peacocks.When one animal dies, they are back at zero.Team up with friends and import several pairs it's cheaper and and is a guarantee for a successful breeding in the future.

We can send the peacocks from Chiang Mai Thailand with Thai Airways to Los Angeles in the USA

With best wishes from Prani Breeding Center in Thailand
Friedrich
Friedrich,

Thanks for the information.

Could you tell me the USD cost for a pair of birds? Who are you using as your export agent?

Last edited:
Wow...This is just so amazing and exciting.... Oh man if only importing wasn't so expensive... I am just drooling over here...
droolin.gif
Especially when you said Imperators are available. I do have money saved up for green peafowl but I don't know if I would have enough for the combined cost of importing and the birds. Also my parents would probably never pitch in...Especially because my mom just got me some Adobe programs which were my expensive gift for the year.

Okay now for another question....Whoever gets these peafowl will have to keep a stud book on them right? I know that Mr. Reinhold has that stud book for green peafowl and I really think that all of the birds that are imported should be carefully kept track of. I will make life a lot easier for people if they can see papers varifying that the bird was imported or that it is the child of an imported pair of birds. It might take a little extra work to keep logs of the birds, but it will really be soo valuable especially when we have so many problems with spaldings being sold as green peafowl.

How many green peafowl and what sub species will you get PeaDaddy?

Edit:
Oh I thought originally you were getting them from the Prani Breeding Center. If you can it probably would be best to get them from there. I haven't been there but just from seeing how devoted Mr. Friedrich is to conserving green peafowl and he knows exactly how pure green peafowl should look I just know you would get quality birds.

Last edited:
I have to say Congrats to PeaDaddy. I think if it can be done he will do it. You seem very passionate about this and I wish you the best of luck with it. Would love to see pictures of the birds he might be importing. I have a friend who worked with a parrot importer and if the shipment of birds had any dead or dying parrots they had to destroy the entire shipment, don't know why but was told they had to by law. I do not have the heart to do that, but I would nurse them back to health. My friend took the 4 strongest and did nurse them back to health and the owner of the import business came and took the now healthy birds from her. She bought him to court and she did win the arguement LOL I hope you don't have to do that PeaDaddy with Peafowl?

I'm going to make this really simple. To me, doing this is a business decision. Let's start with the numbers. Friedrich just informed me that the cost to import 5 pairs of birds is $18,000 USD.

My cost is $2000 a pair, shipped.

It helps to have someone on the ground to put deals together.
big_smile.png

Last edited:
I have to say Congrats to PeaDaddy. I think if it can be done he will do it. You seem very passionate about this and I wish you the best of luck with it. Would love to see pictures of the birds he might be importing. I have a friend who worked with a parrot importer and if the shipment of birds had any dead or dying parrots they had to destroy the entire shipment, don't know why but was told they had to by law. I do not have the heart to do that, but I would nurse them back to health. My friend took the 4 strongest and did nurse them back to health and the owner of the import business came and took the now healthy birds from her. She bought him to court and she did win the arguement LOL I hope you don't have to do that PeaDaddy with Peafowl?
Thanks for the vote of confidence.
thumbsup.gif

The people we are working with in Thailand we trust implicitly. We have a long standing working relationship that spans far beyond peafowl. If there is anyone that I would want helping me navigate this, it would be our Thai contact. For a number of reasons, but that I trust him implicitly is close to the top of the list. I am completely confident that the birds will arrive alive and well. There are people that we know, and have working relationships with, who will be with the birds from point of purchase to the time I pick them up in LA.

Really, I just saw an opportunity. And for what people are charging for greens, I thought it would be worth my time to find out what they would cost from "the source".

Last edited:
Thanks for the info.
but I find it not ok that you publish the prices here which I send you in a private mail

Okay now for another question....Whoever gets these peafowl will have to keep a stud book on them right? I know that Mr. Reinhold has that stud book for green peafowl and I really think that all of the birds that are imported should be carefully kept track of. I will make life a lot easier for people if they can see papers varifying that the bird was imported or that it is the child of an imported pair of birds. It might take a little extra work to keep logs of the birds, but it will really be soo valuable especially when we have so many problems with spaldings being sold as green peafowl.

How many green peafowl and what sub species will you get PeaDaddy?

Edit:
Oh I thought originally you were getting them from the Prani Breeding Center. If you can it probably would be best to get them from there. I haven't been there but just from seeing how devoted Mr. Friedrich is to conserving green peafowl and he knows exactly how pure green peafowl should look I just know you would get quality birds.
A stud book is, essentially, a registry. To date, there is no peafowl registry. Standing one up has been tossed around, but it's, honestly, a tedious and thankless undertaking. Would these birds need to be documented, and tracked? Absolutely. What's the right course to go on that? I'm less than qualified to answer that. That's a question best left to the Pros', and I'm not that.

How many depends on how much interest we generate here, or through word of mouth. At this point, 20 pairs has been put on the table by our exporter. I was thinking 1 pair of Burmese, for me, honestly. So.... I dunno. Clear as mud?

There are a number of breeders in Thailand who are capable, competent individuals. Like here. There are people in Thailand who are limited in their ability to access a market like the US because they A) Don't have internet, or very limited connectivity B) Don't speak English C) Don't have a website. Because I have people on the ground in Thailand working in our best interest, I am confident we will find the highest quality birds for a competitive price. I'm also thinking about going over to Thailand as this becomes closer to reality to close the deal, and see the birds for myself. I love Thailand! It gives me a great excuse to go back. And the photography.... Ohhh mah gawd.
bow.gif

I am sure the photographic oportunities are amazing! You will definately have to keep us updated with photos! Haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom