Checking interest in importing birds from Thailand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leo7: I don't know if it is just my computer or not but when I click on the photos on your www.pavo-muticus.com website the images don't load. I can only see them as the small thumbnails.
Do you just raise Imperators? I love all the photos of your birds being hand fed.

Hi Minxfox,
try again it takes time to download. The server is in Germany, I try it before and have no problem from Thailand.
Our offspring is now 8 months old. All our peacocks eat out of my hand, they are all tame.

Leo7: I don't know if it is just my computer or not but when I click on the photos on your www.pavo-muticus.com website the images don't load. I can only see them as the small thumbnails.
Do you just raise Imperators? I love all the photos of your birds being hand fed.
Hello Minifox,
I have the same problem with the Explorer. Try it with another browser "Firefox" then it will work.

Pfauenfreund - Thanks for the first hand information and for your website.
Jak - Have you posted any pictures of the peas in your area? It would be great to see the peas from other places., you as well Leo7.
That's a good idea.

I will go to the temple and the botanical gardens in the next few days and get some photos, then put them up on here and the experts can say if they think they are pure breed.

Those first 2 look like spaldings with the barring and all. even the creast looks wrong with the little fans at the top of the feather shaft on the creast.
I have only seen photos so that is what i am going by.
can't make out much on the 3rd one.

Last edited:
I guess I'm going to need to keep everyone abreast of the situation because there is A LOT of poor information being put out by others on the thread.

Pure greens ARE available, and from breeders other than Prani. The birds are required to have papers that show this prior to export. I'm not sure how papers work in Thailand, and how papers PROVE that the birds are purebred, but I'm asking and I'll get an answer.

To address the issue of cost, and that whole conservancy breeding thing that was brought up; If I want to buy a Bentley, I can go to the dealership and pay the premium on a Bentley. Or I can do some homework, work a deal, and get a better price. I'm not willing to pay the full premium price that the breeders here quoted me. Why spend money I don't need to? At the end of the day, the birds WILL BE purebred, and they will come at the best price that we can acquire them for. Of course the dealership would balk at that, but my wallet won't, and ultimately, I'm the one fronting the money on this deal.

I have no emotional attachment to this transaction. The numbers need to work to have it make sense. When one factors in the bottom line operating cost of breeding a pair of yearling peafowl, there is NO WAY it comes CLOSE to $2000 USD. I'm all for making a profit. It's why we're in business. $2000 is the premium market.

Let's put some perspective into this; the average monthly income for a professional in Thailand is around 20,000baht. The cost to ship 1 pair to the US is almost 62000 baht. Think there's a little margin in there to play with? Me too. And that's what we're going to do. We're going to find the middle of that margin and have it make sense for everyone. Now, if that will compromise my ability to be a "conservationist breeder" than so be it.

Last edited:
Its totally up to you peadaddy. It is your money. I see your points.But its my opinion( note the key word hereand there is no changing it.) You would be way better off buying some pure greens here in the states.Much cheaper. With your last sentence this is my last post on this thread. No hard feelings to you and I still truly everything works out the way you want. Shawn

Last edited:
This pictures I have made in Northern Thailand in the jungle this are Pavo muticus imperator

Frederich....

As you continue to post, and from the emails that I am receiving, I'm beginning to put the pieces together on how you do business. I'm not sure if others are getting this, but here's what I'm seeing:

Through your two websites, I gather that you split your time between Thailand and Germany. Good for you. What I have the issue with is that you are shipping your birds out of Thailand, into Germany, and are doing that to circumvent the system. You're shipping your own birds to Germany to get a higher premium on the price than you're ALREADY getting by selling them in Thailand. You are telling people that you are an independent breeder in Germany when in fact, you are either married to, or have a relationship with Prani. Why be dishonest about what you are doing?

Understand, a simple phone records search revealed this. When I tell you that I have contacts on the ground in Thailand, it's your choice to believe me, or not. For you to take exception with me for posting the prices of the birds that you quoted me shows a lack of good faith business practices. That you said that you were the only licensed breeder in Thailand is a lie. To tell people that your birds are the only "purebred" birds in the country is also a lie. To tell people that you are the only breeder in the country that papers birds is a lie, as well. And finally, to tell people that your birds are the only birds exported with papers is, frankly, devious. As you continue to post inaccurate information, my people in Thailand are giving me accurate, and up to date information. Both about you, and how we're going to make this undertaking happen.

The people I am working with know who you are. They know your business practices. They know how you operate. It's safe to say that your reputation proceeds you. Everything that you have posted has been either corroborated, or dispelled. With facts. Why be dishonest? Why lie? If you have a business that you're proud of, and feel that you're doing right by others, there is no need to lie.

One more minor thing; you are a breeding farm. You are not a research project. You have nothing published through any of the Universities in Thailand which lend itself to a lifetime of working to protect, or conserve, the animals. In fact, you've never even submitted anything to any of the Universities in Thailand. Why are you asking for donations to fund research projects?

On this page: http://www.pavo-muticus.com/english/thailand.html Could you cite your sources, please? Where did you gather your information? Who helped you gather your information?
http://www.pavo-muticus.com/english/java.html And on this page; who is helping you collect the information about stability of these stocks?

I'm not the one who is misleading others. You are. And you should stop.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom