Cheese Chat

lau.gif

How about cheese fondu? Okay, is that considered cheese? Prolly not, as it's not PURE cheese...but...holy heck, good cheese fondu is fondulicous!
droolin.gif

Ingredients

• 1/2 pound imported Swiss cheese, shredded
  • 1/2 pound Gruyere cheese, shredded
  • 2 tablespoons cornstarch
  • 1 garlic clove, peeled
  • 1 cup dry white wine
  • 1 tablespoon lemon juice
  • 1 tablespoon cherry brandy, such as kirsch
  • 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
  • Pinch nutmeg
  • Assorted dippers
Directions

In a small bowl, coat the cheeses with cornstarch and set aside. Rub the inside of the ceramic fondue pot with the garlic, then discard.
Over medium heat, add the wine and lemon juice and bring to a gentle simmer. Gradually stir the cheese into the simmering liquid. Melting the cheese gradually encourages a smooth fondue. Once smooth, stir in cherry brandy, mustard and nutmeg.
Arrange an assortment of bite-sized dipping foods on a lazy Susan around fondue pot. Serve with chunks of French and pumpernickel breads. Some other suggestions are Granny Smith apples and blanched vegetables such as broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and asparagus. Spear with fondue forks or wooden skewers, dip, swirl and enjoy!

Last edited:
Made a quick casserole for dinner last night - turkey burger, "No Yolks" noodles, low-fat cream of 'shroom soup, onions, peppers, a bit of milk for liquid....all that low fat stuff, though....OH! Of course, forgot the CHEESE!
thumbsup.gif

The Michigan State University Dairy makes my favorite cheese, which I now order on-line, since I'm in Tennessee. It's called "Dagano" and I think they say it's a variety of a Swiss cheese. Smooth, just a little tart, I could eat a pound of it in one sitting. Have to restrain myself and put the crackers away when I start eating it.

I guess this is not a joke? Mods on Cheese?
I, too, can be bought very cheap for cheese. I would love to be able to go thru that whole website Wynette put up in post 1 and have a taste of every single one.

Back
Top Bottom