Chehalis Washington Dec 3rd and 4th Potluck and Show sign up.

Quote:
For somethings white chocolate is the best choice for painting a crust. It doesn't show like the brown will. I like the flavors of lemon and white chocolate too. I'm glad you like the idea. I tend to read a lot of recipes, and watch my fair share of cooking shows. I just wish I had more people to cook for. It just as well that I don't because I can really get to hurting from standing on my feet cooking all day. lol

I think this is the current list:

From a post written by Robin aka Chickielady.
So here is my list:
Steamed, cold prawns (at least 3 pounds)
Cocktail sauce
MAYBE smoked oysters (if I can get at the smoker)

Justbugged Baklava, and I would like to know about the gingerbread sheets and icing?
I will be willing to add what else we might end up short with.

Cloverleaf Farm I'm not much of a "plan ahead" kind of gal, so I'll add mine as we get closer...

hallerlake is going to bring a;
I'll bring a pumpkin cake. GF if I can manage it

CR Pea / seafood salad.

Ultasol: plates/silverware

WA4-Hpoultrymom: cheese & crackers (we'll grab some GF too!)

We are just one week from the potluck in Chehalis. So there is still time to sign up to bring a dish.

I am lousy at potlucks. I usually bring fruit.

We don't have any way to heat things, right? A chowder would be good.

I've been wanting to try a recipe for banana-raspberry bread, so I might do that. Or I'll look into some kind of cold salad (pesto? ranch-based? corn? pasta? salmon?) . I'm not into shellfish, so I gotta come up something else besides desserts.
lol.png

To add raspberries, I'd fold them into the batter at the last second before baking.

Old-Fashioned Banana Cake

Cake:
3 very ripe bananas
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup lightly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 extra large eggs, at room temp
1/2 cup sour cream (I used low-fat)
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
grated zest of one orange
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup chopped walnuts

"cream cheese" frosting:

8 ounces cream cheese
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 cups powdered sugar

for the cake:

Preheat the oven to 350.
Grease and flour a 9 x 2 inch round cake pan

Mix the bananas, sugar and brown sugar on low until combined. Add oil, eggs and vanilla, sour cream and orange zest and mix until smooth.

Add the dry ingredients in thirds and mix on low until just combined.

Stir in the walnuts.

Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 45-55 minutes, until a pick inserted in the middle comes out clean.

Cool in pan for 15 minutes then turn out onto cooling rack.

While cake is cooling, make the frosting.

for the frosting:

Mix creaml cheese, and vanilla until just combined. Add the powdered sugar and mix until smooth.

Spread evenly over the cake and garnish with more walnuts, if desired.

Does anyone have a single portable burner? We could heat on something like that. Or some type of camping stove?

Is this in a fairground building? All those buildings have electric sockets all over the place, so it is probably possible to set up a crock pot or a microwave.

Cold food is a lot easier. Good chance it will be raining outside. Which is why I won't be at the show. I don't want to be driving over the pass after dark in a snow storm. Been there, done that, don't enjoy it one bit.

What exit off of I-5 north bound?

Would be nice to have the directioins from exit to Bldg.
caf.gif

Maybe I am just brain dead today....What is the start time Sat or maybe

when folks start puttin their birds in the cages?
th.gif

John
old.gif

Back
Top Bottom