Chemo and chickens

GrayBlackbird

In the Brooder
Mar 26, 2023
So heres my qu. Sorry if this is the wrong thread. My husband just got diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer. Our family dr. Says he should not be around our chickens or well pretty much out of doors. Is it ok if he sits in a chair and feeds them treats? Is that too close? He will not be feeding, or cleaning up after them. It would be him in a lawn chair them on the ground in the open air accross 2ish acres? Has anyone else had a similar experience?

So heres my qu. Sorry if this is the wrong thread. My husband just got diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer. Our family dr. Says he should not be around our chickens or well pretty much out of doors. Is it ok if he sits in a chair and feeds them treats? Is that too close? He will not be feeding, or cleaning up after them. It would be him in a lawn chair them on the ground in the open air accross 2ish acres? Has anyone else had a similar experience?
Also to explain he will be starting chemo in 3ish wks

Did they explain why he shouldn't be around chickens? I'm guessing it's due to his compromised immune system after treatments and the possibility of chickens carrying some disease, but that should apply to all animals, no? Why chickens specifically?

Did they explain why he shouldn't be around chickens? I'm guessing it's due to his compromised immune system after treatments and the possibility of chickens carrying some disease, but that should apply to all animals, no? Why chickens specifically?
Chickens are much more likely to carry salmonella and are loaded with traces of fecal matter

Back
Top Bottom