Chesapeake bay retrievers

Hunterj17

Hatching
6 Years
May 28, 2013
I hope you all had a great mamorial day weekend, I am new to the form and I am looking a puppy, I want a chessie really bad. I have been contemplating the idea for the last year now! I am a big hunter duck/deer/dove/etc. but more than anything I want a good loyal bestfriend. My wife and I have a cocker spanial now and wounder how a chessie would do with another dog in the house? Also is a chessie to much dog for me? ive never had a large breed dog and i would train it myself. My father in law had two and said there great dogs. I just don't wanna make the wrong choice of getting one, for the sake of the dog! Any info or help or thoughts would help thanks J!

I've only met one, but she's a great dog. Her owner competes with her in obedience and I think she does field work with her. This lady loves the breed and says they are great dogs. The only thing I've seen that I don't like is that this dog sheds with a fiery passion. Hair everywhere when you pet her. I don't know if that's the breed or just this dog, but it's pretty bad. Other than that, I like the breed.

Chessies are a high drive breed. I have Labradors and could not live with a Chessie while I know a few Chessie breeders and thier dogs are nice but do require much more work than my Labradors.
The best advise I can give is to try to find a breed club close to you and meet responsible breeders get to know their dogs before getting a pup that may not be a perfect fit.

Back
Top Bottom