CHICK-A-DEES Hatching Thread!!! šŸ£

@K0k0shka
I just bought the exact same fan you bought. Is it ok if I put it in on friday? Iā€™m getting it on friday and the eggs have been in since monday.

Iā€™ll update on the temp in a minute... but for now...

I just did the salt test on my acurite humidity...thing..? And I put a bout a teaspoon of salt and a bit of water. I put it in a ziploc bag with the acurite and the humidity read 65% after 24 hrs and a couple times it was at 68% and now itā€™s at 66% I know itā€™s suppose to read 75% so what should I go off? 9% off, 10% of, or 7% off? Iā€™m very confused and it would be great if anyone could help!

Iā€™ll update on the temp in a minute... but for now...

I just did the salt test on my acurite humidity...thing..? And I put a bout a teaspoon of salt and a bit of water. I put it in a ziploc bag with the acurite and the humidity read 65% after 24 hrs and a couple times it was at 68% and now itā€™s at 66% I know itā€™s suppose to read 75% so what should I go off? 9% off, 10% of, or 7% off? Iā€™m very confused and it would be great if anyone could help!
Itā€™s easy to get a false reading if the plastic bag flops on top of the container with the salt slurry and blocks the water from evaporating. Happened to me. Make sure to pull the bag up so thereā€™s nothing close to the opening of the salt container and no bag flopping down between the salt and the hygrometer. Mine needed more than 24 hours to reach a stable reading.

Itā€™s easy to get a false reading if the plastic bag flops on top of the container with the salt slurry and blocks the water from evaporating. Happened to me. Make sure to pull the bag up so thereā€™s nothing close to the opening of the salt container and no bag flopping down between the salt and the hygrometer. Mine needed more than 24 hours to reach a stable reading.
Ok, iā€™m gonna do it one more time! Thanks for the advice!

As for the temp... Itā€™s not the best.... itā€™s always is changing. Any advice on to keep it steady? Itā€™s like 99.1 and I was here for a minute went up to 99.3, then 99.5 now itā€™s 99.6.

Ok, iā€™m gonna do it one more time! Thanks for the advice!

As for the temp... Itā€™s not the best.... itā€™s always is changing. Any advice on to keep it steady? Itā€™s like 99.1 and I was here for a minute went up to 99.3, then 99.5 now itā€™s 99.6.
The numbers after the decimal point donā€™t matter. It doesnā€™t have to be 99.5 exactly. If you can keep it between 98 and 102, Iā€™d consider that a win šŸ˜„ Mine ranged between 96 and 106 without a fan... With the fan it was more like 98 to 102, but I kept moving the thermometers and measured every spot in the incubator, so thatā€™s including the periphery. I had shipped eggs in the golden zone, and local eggs on the periphery. 50% of the shipped eggs hatched (both last year and this year) and almost all of the local eggs hatched, despite some of them being a little too cool and others a little too warm. So if your eggs arenā€™t shipped and thus already at a disadvantage, a degree off here and there probably wonā€™t be a big deal.

Back
Top Bottom