CHICK-A-DEES Hatching Thread!!! šŸ£

Pics
Yessss I totally agree! And then when they hatch you just think back to when you saw them moving around in the egg. ā˜ŗļø
Yes! I always try to remember which is which, this year I even numbered them all, but somehow I still lost track of who came out of which egg and lost the connection between that specific photo/video of the baby moving, and the actual chick. Especially if several hatch overnight and look similar when young, there's no way to really know who's who. But yes, the idea is still there - I held you in my hand while you were an egg, kicking around, and now I hold your fuzzy hatched self, and then later on I hold this giant chicken that weighs like a bag of potatoes, and still remember how she was once just an egg :love

Day 14 Candleing!
The BLRW was moving crazy in her egg, but Ayam Cemani was also moving quiet a bit!
Results:
4/4 Porcelain Duccles
3/3 Mille Fluers
1/1 Ayam Cemani
1/1 BLRW
1/1 Chocolate Orp
0/2 Jubilee Orp

My notes:
MF3 air cell is still big. I donā€™t know why.
MF2 air cell isnā€™t actually that big, it was a weird angle photo.
I lost my last Jubliee Orp to a blood ring. Looks around day 8 death.
PD1 Doesnā€™t seem to have a ton of veins, but Iā€™m still gonna give her a chance.

Her are all the the results.
View attachment 2674941View attachment 2674942View attachment 2674943View attachment 2674944View attachment 2674945View attachment 2674946View attachment 2674947View attachment 2674948View attachment 2674949View attachment 2674950
@K0k0shka @MGG @Weeg @the_peanut_coop
What do you think?
Temp is staying steady with a fan at 99.5 and 99.6.
Humidity now is 34% and itā€™s around 24-35% usually.
šŸ˜¬ Dangit.... I was really hoping to see jubilee orps.... i'm glad most of the rest are good!

šŸ˜¬ Dangit.... I was really hoping to see jubilee orps.... i'm glad most of the rest are good!
Me too. They were the ones I was most excited for. When I get more Jubilee Orp hatching eggs (hopefully later this year) Iā€™ll tag you. But yeah itā€™s weird that every other egg is perfectly fine. So it must be genetics is what Iā€™m thinking.

Me too. They were the ones I was most excited for. When I get more Jubilee Orp hatching eggs (hopefully later this year) Iā€™ll tag you. But yeah itā€™s weird that every other egg is perfectly fine. So it must be genetics is what Iā€™m thinking.
Thank you... I'm most exited for the d'uccles... they're my favorites....

Tag me, too! I really wanted to see some jubilees, too :D I wonder if there might be genetic issues with the more rare colors of Orpington. I've had bad luck with Red Partridge, too, and it looks to be genetic. Extremely low hatch rate last year (compared to my other colors of Orpingtons and to the Barnevelders), and the single one that hatched, died young (at 7 months). Just dropped dead. This year I decided to give the breeder a second chance and ordered more Red Partridge eggs, and the hatch rate was better, but 1 hatched with severe wry neck and died (at this age it's genetic, can't be improper nutrition because it literally hatched brand new like that), and one has an eye problem. The breeder himself said he wasn't happy with his original stock, which he acquired from somewhere, and is now working to bring more genetic diversity to the line to improve the health. So if these varieties are rare, and people are getting their stock from a limited number of sources, and keeping their gene pools small to preserve the purity, then it would make sense for the quality to go down :( I hope you have better luck next time! Jubilees look so cool!

Tag me, too! I really wanted to see some jubilees, too :D I wonder if there might be genetic issues with the more rare colors of Orpington. I've had bad luck with Red Partridge, too, and it looks to be genetic. Extremely low hatch rate last year (compared to my other colors of Orpingtons and to the Barnevelders), and the single one that hatched, died young (at 7 months). Just dropped dead. This year I decided to give the breeder a second chance and ordered more Red Partridge eggs, and the hatch rate was better, but 1 hatched with severe wry neck and died (at this age it's genetic, can't be improper nutrition because it literally hatched brand new like that), and one has an eye problem. The breeder himself said he wasn't happy with his original stock, which he acquired from somewhere, and is now working to bring more genetic diversity to the line to improve the health. So if these varieties are rare, and people are getting their stock from a limited number of sources, and keeping their gene pools small to preserve the purity, then it would make sense for the quality to go down :( I hope you have better luck next time! Jubilees look so cool!
Yes Of course I will tag you!!! Iā€™ll have to agree on the genetic part. Thatā€™s the only thing that make sense with our problems. Thank you! And yes Jubilees are the stars of chickens... sorry other breeds! :lau

Counting down to lockdown....... if counting today.... 2.5 days! Lockdown is Friday!!!
I'm going to get Ayam Ketawa (Laughing Chickens) this weekend and will be gone on saturday through half of sunday. I will still have someone at my house that will keep an eye on things.
The Chickens are 3.5 hours away so I'm staying there overnight.

Counting down to lockdown....... if counting today.... 2.5 days! Lockdown is Friday!!!
I'm going to get Ayam Ketawa (Laughing Chickens) this weekend and will be gone on saturday through half of sunday. I will still have someone at my house that will keep an eye on things.
The Chickens are 3.5 hours away so I'm staying there overnight.
Wohoo! Go babies go!

Tag me! Did you throw out the jubileee orps? 2 of mine had blood rings and are now good, SWORE THEY HAD BLOOD RINGS!!!!!!!!!!! Although that was at day 5 or 7, can't remember. :lau

Tag me! Did you throw out the jubileee orps? 2 of mine had blood rings and are now good, SWORE THEY HAD BLOOD RINGS!!!!!!!!!!! Although that was at day 5 or 7, can't remember. :lau
I will definitely tag you! I did throw out the Jubliees. The one that had a blood ring had barely an embryo at 14 days. I wish that it wouldnā€™t be that way! But, Iā€™m happy yours are doing good now!

Back
Top Bottom