Chick age?

starrebella

Chirping
10 Years
May 12, 2013
Arkansas
Hi! We got 4 'day old' chicks from TSC (I know, I know) on 3/2, so I've been figuring them at approximately 2.5 weeks or so. However, I've been looking at people's pictures to see whether I thought they were roos or pullets, and I sort of feel like compared to others the same age, they may be older than that? They were definitely still downy when we got them, but I'm wondering if they weren't at least a few days old instead of a couple of days. Am I just crazy??
(They were in the bathtub in these pics because I was cleaning out their brooder-just temporary!)
1000022058.jpg

1000022032.jpg

You just kinda get an eye for it over time. Looking at the comb growth and waddle buds. Almost aways, any comb ans waddle budding before 3 weeks is a rooster. Any red is caused from testosterone, indicative of a male. Breeds like old english game bantams and Japanese Bantams are incredibly easy to sex early on.

You just kinda get an eye for it over time. Looking at the comb growth and waddle buds. Almost aways, any comb ans waddle budding before 3 weeks is a rooster. Any red is caused from testosterone, indicative of a male. Breeds like old english game bantams and Japanese Bantams are incredibly easy to sex early on.
These are my two!! I’ve been browsing old threads endlessly. What do you suspect they are? I keep getting mixed feedback 🤷‍♀️

Attachments

• IMG_2782.jpeg
    IMG_2782.jpeg
    261.6 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_2795.jpeg
    IMG_2795.jpeg
    283.8 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom