Chick attacked by cat

My hen was attacked by my dog, sometimes these things unfortunately happen. I’m sorry your two other chicks didn’t make it. If this chick is still fighting I would definitely try and flush the puncture wound some as long as no organs are openly exposed (I don’t exactly know a chicks anatomy) I originally used vetericyn with my hen but switched to a diluted 1:30 betadine to water solution that I flushed using a needless syringe. Also the more antibiotic ointment the better. Cats have the worst bites because of their bacteria in their mouths so filling as much with the ointment should help and not allow an abscess to form like it did with my hen. I really hope your chick makes it, do update us when you can :fl :hugs

Thank you all so much!! Thanks to everyone Who replied to help me, The chick is alive and beginning to grow the feathers back lost in the attack.
I showed the chick to a vet friend who luckily said there was no dislocation of the wing and no internal injuries. The chick has regained almost full function other than the use of the hurt wing. Again thank you all so much!

Thank you all so much!! Thanks to everyone Who replied to help me, The chick is alive and beginning to grow the feathers back lost in the attack.
I showed the chick to a vet friend who luckily said there was no dislocation of the wing and no internal injuries. The chick has regained almost full function other than the use of the hurt wing. Again thank you all so much!
That’s amazing! So glad to hear :hugs

Back
Top Bottom