chick crumb?! *newbie alert*

chickiedoodahs

In the Brooder
May 24, 2015
I haven't even got my eggs yet but planning on putting them under my broody if I can get some today, anyway all going well they will be in with my very small flock of 2 other girls.
Should the chicks and adults get crumb or am I really going how novice I am?! I have no idea really but I've reserved loads and everything is quite contradicting so would be brilliant if really people could tell me what they do?

Also on a side note any hints/tips or do ands don't on leaving a broody do the work?

I'm new to having chickens but trying my hardest to educate myself to prevent if possible any bad out comes!

Brodie's are great sit back and let them do the work.After my Brodie's hatch i put them and the hen in a separate cage for a couple of weeks then turn them loose with the flock.They will need chick starter crumbles

Thank you! Is it essential I separate them? The other coop I have sits completely flat to the ground so would be worried they may get cold or upset with the move?

Not essential but you will have a better chance of raising all of them.i put the hen with them in a separate cage she won't let them get cold.

Back
Top Bottom