Chick got into the swelling around of the eye! Help!

Chruk SANG

In the Brooder
Apr 4, 2020
  • The backyard chicken, 16 days of age and 189g thinner then the others.
  • It's little eaten and small amount or non-drinking.
  • Swelling around the left of eye, high temperature then other, non-mucus or no runny, slowly and also sound.
  • It's 2days been exhibiting this symptoms and also been at the other symptoms.
  • There are not any bleeding, injury, broken bones or other sign of trauma.
  • Weather mostly cloudy and cool windy at here for 5 days ago. And I also changed them places.
  • I have been provided to them on Amoxycillin + Colistin + Paracetamol and vitamin B-complex for 4 days already but they didn't better. (I'm a Animal Science student BSc)
Hope your help dear!! and Thanks!!
  • C74EFD78-3518-419F-A6F8-5BC936423625.jpeg

Sorry, you haven't received a reply. How is she doing today?

You mentioned there are other symptoms? Could you elucidate on that? Any sneezing, eye discharge, rattled breathing, is she eating and drinking well? Could you post pictures of her poop? Have you checked inside her mouth for plaque deposits or lesions of sorts? Are both eyes swollen?

It could be a respiratory disease, such as MG, IB, or Coryza. This is how they often start out, then you begin to see sneezing, etc. That would explain why the amoxicillin had little effect.

Paracetamol should not be given to poultry. An antibiotic such as oxytetracyline, tylosin, doxycycline, or enrofloxacin might be best for a respiratory disease such as mycoplasma or MG. MG can cause swelling around an eye, bubbles in the eye and sinus infection.

Back
Top Bottom