Chick minimum sale, RI

A guy in Tiverton will sell them one at a time. I just need to make sure they are standards. I'm hoping to pick them up tomorrow night. But Two close by CT Tractor Supplies are getting shipments tomorrow morning so I'll call them too. If I have to buy 5-6 it will work out cheaper than driving to Tiverton and back from West Greenwich. I did try to buy older birds but places I felt I could trust wouldn't sell them until the fall.
I think introducing chicks to our dogs will be better for the birds and dogs.

Quote:

Quote:
tsc does not have anything to do with others who sell baby chicks nor do they report anyone who does; the minimum is set by state law in RI, tsc came after the law was passed so any other places selling less than 12 chicks were "grandfathered". its a great store and the employees are very nice and knowledgeable.... much better than most of the other places out there wehre the kids do nothing but text on their phone or have attitudes.... i've never had a problem with tsc

MA TSC's are 6 min. btw. Hi neighbor!
smile.png
Very annoying minimum I agree- I wish there was a way to prove you were a chicken-owner and responsible and then you could purchase however many you wanted. Our local farm store has a 12-min but you can show pictures of your coop/etc and they'll drop it to 6, so I'm assuming 6 is the state min. We found some people on craigslist and bought a few to add to our "mail order" chicks...

Hi, I was told by a local Tractor Supply Store that in RI they can only sell Chicks 12 at a time minimum purchase as per RI State Law. Is this really true? So if I live in a town that says you can only have 6 maximum chicks what do I do, Buy 12 and kill 6?
I know I can and most likely will just send for them or drive into CT and buy them. I'm just one of those people who thinks we have way to many laws. Most of them are a joke.

Thanks
Bob

Libertarian Party Member
Did you get any chicks? I am in the same circumstance. Would you be interested in buying them at tractor supply and splitting the dozen.?

Back
Top Bottom