Chick Name Competition

We've had a few flocks, and we usually name in themes which I find to be helpful and fun.

Pasta Pals: Ditalini (Dita for short), Rigatoni (Tony for short), Henne Penne and Farfalle (Felly)
Flower Power: Daisy, Bluebell, Poppy, Clover and Lily
All-stars: Sol, Luna, Cosmo, Star and Apollo

Other random ones we've had: Blackberry, Huck, Finn, Queenie, Big Chungus and Charlotte/Chuck.

Good luck finding the perfect names for your new hatch!

I use themes for naming my chickens.

My three buff orpington pullets are the Brady Sisters: Marcia, Jan, and Cindy

My barred rock pullets are ladies of rock: Janis Joplin, Joan Jett, Annie Lennox. There's a forth that we thought might be a boy and call it Aero for Aerosmith. Aero is for sure a pullet, but I kept her name.

I have three golden laced Wyandottes. They are my golden girls: Rose, Blanche, and Estelle (she played Sophia)

My ISA Browns were kinda mean when they were little. They got called Sharon and Karen as it was hard to tell them apart. They my two sweet hearts.

I have 5 black sex links. They had and still have big loud personalities. The became my Divas. Whitney Houston, Janet Jackson, Aretha Franklin, Diana Ross, and Gladys Knight.

My little buff orpington cockerel is Barney Stinson from How I Met Your Mother. He is my blonde ladies man. I hope he will be legendary.

For your 2 blue splash silkies, how about Malibu and Boo Berry?

For your Poland chicks, what about big hair country singers? Loretta Lynn, Patsy Cline, Tammy Wynette, Barbara Mandrell, Reba McEntire, Dolly Parton. If you need boys Johnny Cash ( especially if it's black), Willie Nelson, Waylon Jennings...

Back
Top Bottom