CHICK NAMES?

Quote:
OMG! That's too funny we had a Barred Rock Roo when I was a kid that the dog brought home and we called him General (Tso' chicken) the old war bird hehehe

Mine all have movie stars names. My mother named my sex-link Mae West (the blond bombshell) and then Penny (Penelope Cruz), Goldie (Hann) and Molly (Ringwald) all fell into place. My son has named the possible rooster Chica from Sprout
smile.png
Just pick a theme and go with it.

I got more chicks too but I forgot to name them!
lol.png

Here are the names I have been thinking of:
Omelet(other yellow chick)
Sunny(yellow chick "sunny side up"
gig.gif
)
Sandy(sandy colored chick)

The rest of the chicks are 2 black and white chicks, a honey colored silkie chick, a grayish blueish chick, and 2 brown chicks with bits of black,white,and tan in them. Then the 2 Australorp hens(hens).
jumpy.gif
D.gif
love.gif
yippiechickie.gif

We have four chicks, one for each member of the family.

My stepson (he's 14) has an Australorp named Frito.
My 2.5 yr old daughter's Buff Orp is Pink (yes, she is in THAT stage right now. She also expects her to lay pink eggs).
roll.png

My DH's Rhode Island Red is Gobbles.
My beautiful little Salmon Faverolles is Salullah.
smile.png

so we have named another...the black australorp is freo. i studied abroad in australia (one reason i got the australorp) and lived close to fremantle, aka freo. so one is named freo.

rhode island red - cherry (4 yr son named her)...very cleaver too. full name - cherry coke or cherry cola...have not decided. it is after our babysitter who will help look after the chicks while we are on vaca. she drinks cherry coke.

i have listed the others.

i still need to name a barred rock. my husband wants to name her after something with golf. but...i have an ill rir and put her in a golf shoe box, so if she survives...she will have the 'golf' name.

i am not naming...just yet...the 3 that i am suppose to get rid of.

I let mine develop a personality and get their colour through before I name most of them-sometimes they get named earlier if it suits though.
Mine are
Pie (black austrolorp cross) named when she was a baby, no reference to food though.
Maggie (barred plymouth rock cross)
Miss Henny Penny (barred plymouth rock cross with brown head)
Spottie and Dottie (both barred plymouth rock crosses with brownish heads)
Violet (black austrolorp cross)
Ivy (black austrolorp cross with brown feathers around neck)
Pepper (barred plymouth rock cross rooster)
Corby (onknown coloured rooster)
6 2 week old chicks that I haven't yet named

My chicken's names
HENS
Felicity
Rosalie
Alice
Jill
Esme
Bonnie
Sydney
Gurdy
Riley
Isabella
ROOSTERS
Carlisle
Buzz
Edward
Ruddie
Ralfie
Jasper
Dodge (got rid of him just 2 days ago)
Mojojojo
Emmett

One of our 3 week old Bantams we call Mac . It's short for Mc Nugget. The hens are Pat,Betty,Jack,Cutie,Red and Angus. My Roo Is Buddy and the Bantam Chicks are Goldie, Vivian,Marilyn,Pecker,Lucille and Mac.

Back
Top Bottom