chick poop

Momto3

Chirping
8 Years
Mar 1, 2011
Northern Idaho
Ok so I have a really weird gross question. I got 6 chicks yesterday. Most of their poops look normal, but there are a few that have me worried. 2-3 of them have I would say tan/orange poop, but 1 is tan/orange but foamy. What shall I do? Should I worry? Please tell me it isnt anything to worry about that they just need time to adjust. They are on chick starter that is medicated & filtered water. I try to keep their water free from poop, but that is a chore.
roll.png

Thank you, I just did a big search for chick poop and I came across that site. It looks like the Ceacel poop, but it seems to be every poop not just every 8-10. They are all eating, drinking, sleeping & running around, so I will just keep my eye on them. Thanks.
smile.png

I just did a quick search of chickens diseases, and found nothing conclusive. Maybe try giving them some probiotics and/or yogurt.

Good luck
Imp

Quote:
Plain, no sugar, no flavors. I don't think it would hurt them, but just not that healthy. I think that since chicks will eat so little I'd go for the kind that has the probiotics in them. I can't remember the brands off hand.

Imp

Yoplait has the live cultures in it. But it does have sugar, well all yogurt does, but probably more then the one you are talking about.

Thanks for posting this!!
smile.png
I'm having the same problem with my chicks. They're 2 weeks old. Thanks again. I'm thinking they'll be ok!!

Reviving this old thread.... I had the same question about what is NORMAL chick poop. I've been letting my two 4 week old chicks run around my sunroom. When they are out, they start pooping something that looks like a glob of natural peanut butter and STINKS God awful.... When they are in their cage, it is mostly solid poop. They are eating, drinking, and acting completely normal... No indication of illness.

I clean up their stinky messes with bleach spray but good lord it stinks for such a tiny creature!

20210211_173831.jpg

Back
Top Bottom