Chick Problems

Polish Chickens

Songster
10 Years
May 9, 2009
Houston
I am still puzzled as to why some of my Polish chicks are not eating. I have fed them chicken feed and some of them have eaten the feed while the others have not even touched it. What is the best solution for the ones that have not touched or eaten the feed? Also I have just harvested some spiders from a mud wasp nest. Are these spiders good for my chicks to eat? I just fear that if these are harmful for my chicks that they possibly could die if they eat the spiders that I've harvested from a mud wasp's nest

Sorry to hear, try some very well cooked oatmeal, I then would add their crumbles gradually over aperiod of days, also I wet the crumbles and usually they love that. Good luck

I'll have to try that and also how long does an egg take to be boiled as I'm boiling up an egg for them to eat which I'm giving it a try as I've been reading up about others giving boiled egg to their chickies

I should of mentioned that too, I give them hard boiled egg treats for the first week or two, 5 minutes is fine and mashed real fine. I also scramble it with a wee bit of milk in the micro for 1.30 minutes works good too and easier then hard boiled.

Are they getting a lot of extra foods besides the chick feed? Maybe they are holding out for the good stuff. You might have to stop giving anything else for a few days, til they get hungry enough to eat the feed. They will certainly eat when they get hungry enough, if they are healthy.

Quote:
They look healthy to me I do give them chick feed but not all of them eat it and I just gave them boiled egg crumbles and they gobbled up that stuff like crazy

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom