Chick struggling to stand

Happy Souls

Hatching
Feb 20, 2021
My 11 day old chick is unable to stand for long. It falls back onto the hocks.
The chick had unusually long legs and was very large when hatched. It struggles more as it is growing even larger.
Eating and drinking well, on poultry vitamins and fairly active despite it's instability.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks
20210220_210710.jpg

Welcome To BYC

Can you get some photos of the chick standing? Preferable a front and rear view.

In the photo, the legs are a bit splayed out, have you noticed if the chick lays like that all the time or if there's any swelling of the joints?

I would give the chick 1/4 tablet B-Complex once a day.

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond. I will start the B-complex today. Trying to get better photos, has been very difficult.

I just joined today and saw this post. I have a lovely little 5 day old chick doing the same thing. Also, she was walking fine for the first 2 days and then suddenly, she couldn't keep from falling onto her butt. She also falls over to the side. Did you find an answer for your chick?

I just joined today and saw this post. I have a lovely little 5 day old chick doing the same thing. Also, she was walking fine for the first 2 days and then suddenly, she couldn't keep from falling onto her butt. She also falls over to the side. Did you find an answer for your chick?
I tried the B-complex and unfortunately it did not help. Sadly the little one did not make it.
Sorry hope your chick is able to recover.

Back
Top Bottom