Chick TV on the Bator Channel-Mystery Egg Watch (SAD NEWS)

Did I miss something? The chick could still come a little late, couldn't she? Let's not give up, yet!

hmm.png

No, Llysse, we candled and there was no beak in the air cell-I have a super powerful candler. On day 18, her beak was in the air cell and she was dancing around. The air cell was totally open and clear. The contents looked shrinkwrapped and murky and she was obviously dead. This isn't my first hatch and we're pretty good at candling. It was very obvious this chick had deceased. So, nope, she had already died probably on Day 19 or 20 for some unknown reason.

hit.gif

Oh, no, oh, no! Oh, I'm so sorry. I wanted there to be hope--I must have missed the update. At least you're adept at candling and didn't have to hang on in agony for any longer wondering.

hugs.gif

Yes, I love that! I'll be able to see a pip on the underside of the eggs with it in place. DH is rebuilding the bator, too, today. He wasn't 100% satisfied with the performance, but it did hold humidity wonderfully. The temps were harder to hold, although we were on the spot all the time to keep an eye on them. He's taking it down to half its height, but it will be pretty much the same bator, complete with camera hole on the side.
I have a Hova full due on April 21 and one egg from my Barred Rock rooster and his favorite hen I popped in one vacated space that is due on April 29. Soon, I'll have lots of fluffy butts to comfort me, but I wanted one NOW!

I, too, am so glad we all got to be in on this, even if this ending STINKS.

I am so very sorry.. and so disappointed. Thank you for sharing this with us. At least Little Chance was loved (from all over the world!), even if she never got to come out and play.

Back
Top Bottom