Chick With CRD Ups/Downs What else can I Do?

lockedhearts

It's All About Chicken Math
12 Years
Apr 29, 2007
Georgia
I got some BO chicks in a trade, lost 4 , 3 pretty quickly one of the older ones later and one of the smaller ones is hanging on. She has the "gasping" crusty nostrils and watery/bubbly eyes. I treated her with Tylan for a week and she looked a lot better except her eyes still looked swollen.
Today she is again bubbling at the eyes and looking worse.
Any other suggestions? I have Terramycin , Detho something, Tylan and Terramycin ointment.

Terramycin is useless for CRD. Unfortunately, CRD is one bad disease that makes them carriers. I thought Tylan injectible was the preferred med for that, but I could be wrong. Honestly, it's my policy not to treat things like this, harsh as it sounds. I'm sorry you're having to deal with it.

That is what I was thinking, but dang it, now I have some much money in this poor chick.
barnie.gif

I blame myself, I should have asked where they came from, turns out they came from an auction. The one healthy older one came from IDEAL

Baytril is good for the bubbley eye and weezing. You can get it from a vet, or a liquid form online sold for parrots w/o a RX. I forget the company but you can find it on line. Baytril is a little pricey, the liquid was around $27. but was cheaper than the pills and was made to diloute in water.

Back
Top Bottom