Chick with swollen abdomen about a two weeks old (PLEASE HELP) PIC

the umbilical shot looks all they way healed have a lot of chick hatch at same times only the maran are sick all other chicks fine. not sure these is want it is. But breeder is clean everyday and it is in another breeder by itself now also clean. I take the hatch out after each hatch is it disinfect and clean again before it is need again. Also hatch in carton for less mess.

This can occur even in a disinfected brooder or incubator... I would double disinfect and put out in the sunshine to be doubly sure...
The navel isnt always involved but the swollen abdomen usually is.

I do put it in the sun and the breeder when it i do not have any chicks. I have already but antibiotic in the water with a little sugar maybe that will help. thanks for you help

Where did you get these $55.00 eggs from? I'd go back to the breeder that sold you the eggs. If all your other chicks that hatched at the same time are all okay then to me it sounds like the breeding stock was not in peak breeding condition and so it reflects on the eggs and chicks. If 2 out of 4 that hatched had deformed legs/feet and another one is having problems then I would suspect the breeders were not culling the undesirables out and letting any and all lay eggs to sell for hatching.
Good luck with them

One of my baby chicks out of 30 has the same symptoms. I washed her up and put her back outside with the others, hope she will be okay. Not sure what is wrong with her, it seems like the front chest part is also swollen.

Back
Top Bottom