Chick won't use legs

yoopergirl1211

Crowing
5 Years
Dec 12, 2016
Erie PA
Hi! I have a one week old EE that won't use feet. I'm worried I have to cull her. They arrived fine. Got crumbles first two days. Then son accidentally gave them adult food for two days and I lost like 8 chicks. Took away food, massaged hard gullets, gave oil and grit. Separate this EE because she wouldn't move or use one leg. Then I had two more go lethargic and noticed some bloody poop so I started treating with corrid. Everyone seems fine now but this little one. She eats drinks and poops. Full of energy now but can't seem to use legs. Shes wet from drinking in pic.
20170607_183516.jpg

Can they look like this? She has them under her normally. I thought they went out to sides for that but Ive never had it. I'll check it out thanks

No no one was slipping and her legs didnt do this at first. It was just one then the other. She walked fine at first. She's super active just can't walk. I can't find anything about it. I just dont know if I should cull her now or wait and see. Ive never done it before but i feel bad letting her continue to hop around on her belly. Ugh. This was a rough batch of babies. Like I said I'm treating for cocci and had problems with impacted crop. Could one of those cause legs to seize up?

I did start adding brewers yeast two days ago when her legs went funby but no improvement. I did the amount I'd give ducks

Back
Top Bottom